The whole concept is ####ing dumb… Archived Message
Posted by SurfTheBoneyard on January 10, 2022, 13:01:01, in reply to "apparently the Golden Globes were held last night"
Glad it’s gone no matter how it got there. |
The total voting pool for what was a major awards show is about 90 people. Ripe for bias, corruption, etc. Pretty easy to fix the vote. Who cares what 90 people think?
The questionable business ethics part involved allowing members to accept gifts from the very studios they were voting on, and allegations they acted kind of like a cartel denying press passes to nonmembers.
NBC didn't broadcast it because of diversity concerns within the HFPA (until very recently they had no black members) and issues with their "questionable business tactics," whatever that means.
I guess most actors/actresses didn't attend either, and although they did have a ceremony they announced the winners on twitter
- apparently the Golden Globes were held last night - IlliniSax05 January 10, 2022, 12:43:56
- questionable tactics = bribes* - suburbanmyth January 10, 2022, 13:14:22
- here.... - Chilango January 10, 2022, 13:14:12
- There was a big pay to play type scandal in HFPA* - Chilango January 10, 2022, 13:13:24
- The whole concept is ####ing dumb… - SurfTheBoneyard January 10, 2022, 13:01:01
- #wokemob* - Sounder January 10, 2022, 12:49:05