Maybe it is all popcorn therefore a snack. You can't prove otherwise really.* Archived Message
Posted by gnpbfubbgre on April 26, 2022, 19:14:54, in reply to "Wait... corn is a vegetable now? Thanks a lot Biden.*"
That the meat and diary industry gets 2300x more govt subsidies than fruit & vegetable industry. $38B vs. $17M.
That is ####ing outrageous, and reducing those subsidies would be a great way to start turning American consumption towards a more balanced and sustainable way.
Note: by reduce meat I just try not to eat any meat on Monday & Tuesday.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- I've been trying to reduce the amount of meat I eat. BUT, I didn't realize - longsnapper April 26, 2022, 13:21:00
- My original numbers came from a Columbia University publication, and cited this author - longsnapper April 27, 2022, 7:53:03
- This guy is now full Vegan (DanSaint alert) - Stu April 27, 2022, 5:39:32
- FEED ME - lcubed April 27, 2022, 8:19:17
- Isnít this place always complaining about farmer subsidies? Corn, beans and wheat fall into the - harb April 26, 2022, 19:51:01
- Iíve gotten so much healthier since i cut back on red meat - Stu April 26, 2022, 19:41:53
- Be more curious. - gnpbfubbgre April 26, 2022, 19:09:18
- Would also slow our carbon output* - cpsteine April 26, 2022, 17:58:45
- the subsidies are upside down - TarheelIllini April 26, 2022, 14:44:51
- Iíve done something similar. I used to eat cheeseburgers M - F. - bbonb April 26, 2022, 13:26:16
- this is the future liberals want? no thanks - bigbop85 April 26, 2022, 13:24:49
- farm subsidies are absurd* - Sounder April 26, 2022, 13:21:41