Or to ship out to other countries for their consumption. It plays both ways. It was the discounted Archived Message
Posted by harb on April 26, 2022, 22:08:26, in reply to "I'm sure you won't forget to subtract all the crops grown solely to feed livestock*"
Aspect of those products thatís laughable. |
Including the oils and such.
I get it. Doesnít fit your narrative but to discount the veggie aspect is also laughable.
Veggie category. Might want to check those numbers.
That the meat and diary industry gets 2300x more govt subsidies than fruit & vegetable industry. $38B vs. $17M.
That is ####ing outrageous, and reducing those subsidies would be a great way to start turning American consumption towards a more balanced and sustainable way.
Note: by reduce meat I just try not to eat any meat on Monday & Tuesday.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- I've been trying to reduce the amount of meat I eat. BUT, I didn't realize - longsnapper April 26, 2022, 13:21:00
- My original numbers came from a Columbia University publication, and cited this author - longsnapper April 27, 2022, 7:53:03
- This guy is now full Vegan (DanSaint alert) - Stu April 27, 2022, 5:39:32
- FEED ME - lcubed April 27, 2022, 8:19:17
- Isnít this place always complaining about farmer subsidies? Corn, beans and wheat fall into the - harb April 26, 2022, 19:51:01
- Iíve gotten so much healthier since i cut back on red meat - Stu April 26, 2022, 19:41:53
- Be more curious. - gnpbfubbgre April 26, 2022, 19:09:18
- Would also slow our carbon output* - cpsteine April 26, 2022, 17:58:45
- the subsidies are upside down - TarheelIllini April 26, 2022, 14:44:51
- Iíve done something similar. I used to eat cheeseburgers M - F. - bbonb April 26, 2022, 13:26:16
- this is the future liberals want? no thanks - bigbop85 April 26, 2022, 13:24:49
- farm subsidies are absurd* - Sounder April 26, 2022, 13:21:41