I was surprised to see the Chicago market even hotter than a year ago. Archived Message
Posted by Carl Spackler on April 27, 2022, 11:15:00, in reply to "Kind of related our neighbors sold theirs for over asking. People who got out bid offered us"
Thought youíd have enough people trying to get to the burbs that the city would loosen up. Certainly doesnít appear that way. |
We thought we were making a mistake by maybe buying at the peak in the burbs last summer. In talking to others looking, seems like itís only gone up.
They love our building (120 year old factory with amazing tree lined courtyard, exposed brick/beams, big space, and location, schools, etc).
The sellers realtor dropped us a note that if we are at all interested, there are multiple parties that would pay a premium right now.
Not going to but definitely tempted
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- Just received a weird text from a stranger asking if they could buy our home - PapaDels April 27, 2022, 10:55:04
- Monthly complaint that I can't refi - ISeeDeadHawkeyes April 27, 2022, 16:01:25
- In this market, when you see a home that looks pretty nice on zillow - VIV April 27, 2022, 15:27:59
- A few times a week. * - haighter April 27, 2022, 14:24:04
- Home ownership sucks. Reason 4,309,321* - timmer April 27, 2022, 12:56:05
- All the time - TarheelIllini April 27, 2022, 12:29:35
- I get texts and calls a few times a week - CubsWonWorldSeries April 27, 2022, 12:00:01
- We get unsolicited letters and calls about our cabin all the time. - KingTalkyTiki April 27, 2022, 11:44:44
- I get mail from kind people reminding me that my vehicle warranty is about to expire. Bless them* - bbonb April 27, 2022, 11:29:09
- Tell them youíve had a lot of offers, but will consider theirs if they pay the $100 application fee* - doubledown April 27, 2022, 11:20:40
- I get those all the time. And for property in Atlanta that I don't own and never have.* - ATL April 27, 2022, 11:19:53
- someone related, but i seem to get a lot more spam texts these days - lcubed April 27, 2022, 11:11:48
- I get phone calls about that daily. They find the number associated with the mortgage/deed or - 1 NEW April 27, 2022, 11:03:53
- Once a month get an email from a buyer, twice monthly broker letters* - bigbop85 April 27, 2022, 11:00:16
- Iíve gotten probably 10 different pieces of mail recently from companies pretending to be my car - snipes824 April 27, 2022, 10:59:04
- I get a few of those a week* - Sounder April 27, 2022, 10:58:41
- Kind of related our neighbors sold theirs for over asking. People who got out bid offered us - Cunativeson April 27, 2022, 10:58:33
- Respond indicating you only accept payment via iTunes gift cards* - Dilbert April 27, 2022, 10:58:11
- Oops, so you're not interested in selling? Sorry about that* - OrangeSox April 27, 2022, 10:57:19
- Iíve gotten multiple a week since we refinanced our house last year - AintHatin April 27, 2022, 10:57:16
- they're phishing; they're not interested in buying your house* - suburbanmyth April 27, 2022, 10:56:21
- Yes, but it's usually a REALtor* - GrandmotherPearlsJam April 27, 2022, 10:55:52
- Yes. It's a scam.* - JFG April 27, 2022, 10:55:52