Just looked at his numbers. Oof* Archived Message
Posted by illini21 on May 10, 2022, 11:21:11, in reply to "Hopefully Davisí struggles so far this season will be just a blip.*"
There wasn't an expectation for Marcus Stroman to suck, Wade Miley to be hurt, and Andrelton Simmons to be hurt among others.
This Cubs offense is actually 12th in hard hit % so it's underlying performance is pretty solid and should correct itself. The bullpen has been very solid. They will continue to add pieces at a mid year sell off.
It has a lot of young talent that is making it's way up the ladder. The Cubs over the last two years have had the biggest gains in both velo and spin rate among any org in baseball with a lot of young pitchers finding their way.
PCA is having a major breakout so far. Triantos and Alcantara are both settling into their spots after struggling early
Despite his struggles I think there's good signs with Howard cutting down on his Ks (sorry for the esoteric terminology). Need Owen Caissie to start producing, but there is a lot of talent in the system. Some will break out some won't
As Theo says progress isn't linear. There will be a moment probably sooner than later where the talent and opportunity to spend sync up and the Cubs will go for it.
Prior to this season it was hopefully next year but right now with some of the struggles it's looking a little bit later, but if Stroman and Madrigal turn it around and Davis/Kilian others come up and produce this offseason could easily be a spot to push chips in.
- Boo Ross just pulled Kyle 1 out away from a CG SHO - CanHartlebHireSnider May 9, 2022, 23:40:51
- New minor-leaguer just called up? Parents big "Kill a Mockingbird" fans? * - osklister May 10, 2022, 8:38:48
- Is it safe to say that the Cubs are going to suck for the forseeable future? - CWR10 May 10, 2022, 8:31:03
- Your subject heading needs more nicknames, acronyms & esoterica. - complainant May 10, 2022, 2:12:32
- That was weird. Once he left him in for 115+, I didnít get taking him out after getting the 2nd out* - OB25 May 9, 2022, 23:57:53