Hmmm...they certainly have data around ratings with regard to broadcast teams and a host Archived Message
Posted by baconface on May 10, 2022, 14:40:28, in reply to "My only guess is that it’s more about getting them tied in with your network."
of other factors like teams involved, time slot, location, time of year, etc... Obviously they don't have that with Brady but are betting on him. |
But I agree it's about much more than in game ratings.
I am pretty certain that there’s no data out there which would suggest that this kind of investment is actually worth it from a game ratings standpoint.
I don't get it either but they must have the data, right?
Maybe there’s a bump in year 1 when people want to hear if he’s any good, but after that, the color commentator is not going to drive ratings at all.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- Tom Brady to be Fox Sports lead NFL analyst whenever he retires - illini81887 May 10, 2022, 9:35:15
- Good for him. I was concerned how he was going to pay his mortgage after retirement - bbonb May 10, 2022, 17:35:32
- I am shocked at that Rome number - snipes824 May 10, 2022, 17:27:23
- Will be interesting to see how he does compared to Romo who is the natural* - JeffFrank May 10, 2022, 15:44:13
- I bet he suffers some gruesome voice box injury during week 1* - timmer May 10, 2022, 13:38:03
- Who was in line to be "lead analyst" before, Greg Olsen?? Oh well. - osklister May 10, 2022, 13:18:40
- he must really hate his family* - biclops May 10, 2022, 12:20:33
- Still bummed that Jay decided to play that year with the Fina rather than to - Dikta May 10, 2022, 12:00:34
- 10 year $375 million deal* - Mrap24 May 10, 2022, 11:50:17
- Is that more than he made to play? * - meanjeans May 10, 2022, 14:19:49
- What in the world….that is absolute insanity and is completely wasted money. - OB25 May 10, 2022, 12:40:04
- I look forward to the news in 5 years of them having to cut behind the scenes people to reduce costs - IlliniSax05 May 10, 2022, 12:17:13
- I simply do not understand these contracts for color analysts. - Carl Spackler May 10, 2022, 12:08:52
- WTF* - HamptonSki May 10, 2022, 12:08:49
- That legit infuriates me. * - illini May 10, 2022, 12:05:21
- I mean think about this - CanHartlebHireSnider May 10, 2022, 11:57:57
- We speculated on this a couple months ago - CanHartlebHireSnider May 10, 2022, 11:54:11