Any place that has more than one kind of food Archived Message
Posted by Sounder on May 17, 2022, 14:08:01, in reply to "i agree with Sounder here, usually better food if they concentrate in one thing, IMO"
specializes in one of them, and you should totally order that kind over the others. |
i will gladly eat at these places but if given the choice i'll take a place that concentrates in one type. i think it's better.
makes me irrationally angry.
(-and Thai) or vice versa. Perhaps the only thing to know is none of it is particularly good.
it appeared to be chicken tenders bubbling in a warm dish full of mayonnaise.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- I did the Chinese food thing again you guys - illiniranger May 17, 2022, 12:08:31
- Speaking ofÖcheck out this proÖ - haighter May 21, 2022, 14:26:44
- David Chang did a really good episode on the history of American Chinese - Sounder May 17, 2022, 14:05:10
- The Search for General Tso is also a great retrospective on American Chinese food* - Savoy May 17, 2022, 17:31:43
- You know what's really good? Indo-Chinese food. - ATL May 17, 2022, 15:11:33
- Gobi Manchurian is probably my favorite thing to order at an Indian place* - opey8 May 17, 2022, 17:35:42
- Isn't that basically Indonesian and Malaysian?* - Sounder May 17, 2022, 15:32:05
- I always get a gobi manchurian whenever I order from my favorite local Indian joint. - Tortillini May 17, 2022, 15:25:08
- Sooooo ... Vietnamese?* - complainant May 17, 2022, 15:23:17
- let's not forget Burmese food* - assassin May 17, 2022, 15:16:50
- There's a pretty old, pretty good restaurant in my neighborhood... - haighter May 17, 2022, 15:13:43
- A coworker got panda express today and it has such a unique smell it's instantly recognizable* - longsnapper May 17, 2022, 13:47:29
- We went to an enjoyable dim sum place this past weekend... - shua May 17, 2022, 13:35:28
- I've done a full 180 on "chinese food"...it only took 15 years... - haighter May 17, 2022, 13:31:05
- I donít care much for Chinese food but Thai, Vietnamese, and Indian are ace. - MC May 17, 2022, 14:07:35
- man I love Asian food - Sounder May 17, 2022, 13:40:06
- i love it all, Chinese and Korean are my favorite - illiniranger May 17, 2022, 13:47:10
- Have you tried Korean-Chinese? - Savoy May 17, 2022, 17:30:43
- Vietnamese is my favorite, followed by Korean, then Chinese - Sounder May 17, 2022, 13:57:32
- believe it or not, a really good Vietnamese pho place opened in Benton, IL (pop 7000) - illiniranger May 17, 2022, 14:11:26
- Japanese outside of sushi doesn't get enough credit - assassin May 17, 2022, 14:02:11
- Shabu shabu, yakitori, katsu* - Chilango May 17, 2022, 14:54:26
- Totally agree, izakayas are amazing - Sounder May 17, 2022, 14:08:35
- Ramen in the winter? #### me up, Iím down. * - MC May 17, 2022, 14:08:12
- you're getting the good stuff out there - illiniranger May 17, 2022, 13:33:29
- there was a Chinese buffet in Salem Illinois that offered "mayonnaise chicken" - ijustkrushalot May 17, 2022, 12:20:53
- What is the "excellent" chinese buffet you mention? My gold standard was the old Yen Ching. . - Savoy May 17, 2022, 12:16:48
- comically non-transparent LAM attempt* - suburbanmyth May 17, 2022, 12:11:25