*hijack* Archived Message
Posted by ISeeDeadHawkeyes on May 18, 2022, 9:22:11, in reply to "I'd be more worried about riding 6 hours in a car pool with people that I didn't know well "
Soccer tournament this weekend, our club has two different teams for the 2014 level. My kid is definitely on the B team, and the play usually reflects that. |
THey were playing 5 on 5 (4 field, 1 keeper) and my kid's team conceded a free kick maybe 20 yards or so from the goal. All 4 players go to set up the wall, and once the 3 other kids get in place my son does what he's seen in all of the Premier League games we watch....goes and lays on the ground behind the wall to protect the low shot.
Both coaches had to compose themselves they were laughing so hard at the thought of a U9 wall jumping high enough to get the ball under.
than my 8th grader on a bus unchaperoned.
They will almost certainly be fine.
I think you're a sports parent. By now your daughter has been to many places with no chaperones.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- Parenting dilemma - - what age do kids no longer need a chaperone? get inside - LovetheChief May 18, 2022, 8:39:42
- Update #2: the organizing mom who wanted the bus to be parent free is sending passive aggressive - LovetheChief May 19, 2022, 21:12:08
- UPDATE: One organizing parent seems to be conceding that parent chaperones would be welcome on the - LovetheChief May 18, 2022, 17:43:56
- They're in 8th grade, not college. Chaperone is a no-brainer.* - uofi1998 May 18, 2022, 12:47:33
- Someone is definitely getting a handy on that bus* - Sounder May 18, 2022, 12:43:30
- I would be inclined towards a chaperone, but I donít think this is an OUTRAGE either* - GMAW May 18, 2022, 12:40:09
- There needs to be 2 adults on that bus* - CubsWonWorldSeries May 18, 2022, 12:04:45
- The "kids" get their "little bit of freedom" in the park...NOT on the bus - RSMBob May 18, 2022, 11:51:21
- I volunteer every year to go on the High School Band trip as a medical chaperone. - ibdoc May 18, 2022, 11:27:06
- Iím 37 and probably should still have a chaperone * - jayd May 18, 2022, 11:05:03
- This is crazy. Of course they need chaperones. I obviously know the kids in question - MR May 18, 2022, 10:39:58
- There should be at least one adult chaperone. - theBard May 18, 2022, 10:29:23
- there should be two adult chaperones on the bus - NastyBoyd May 18, 2022, 10:28:10
- ooo - illiniranger May 18, 2022, 9:59:20
- If you think they're going to be doing anything other that burying their heads in their phones... - aimlessillini May 18, 2022, 9:43:18
- I'd be really surprised if the bus company was okay without any adults on board* - Gene Parmesan May 18, 2022, 9:40:32
- Not sure what age kids stop needing bus chaperones, but I know for sure it's not 13/14 - Sammich May 18, 2022, 9:34:47
- Even in the much more permissive 80-90s, I don't recall being on any bus trips without chaperones - Taz May 18, 2022, 9:30:16
- Too protective in my opinion, especially since the chaperones are still coming to the park - snipes824 May 18, 2022, 9:19:39
- Oh goodie, a Make the Call, Bob moment... - RSMBob May 18, 2022, 9:14:27
- 3 hours each way? Theyíre gonna have to stop to pee right? - haighter May 18, 2022, 9:06:44
- I'd be more worried about riding 6 hours in a car pool with people that I didn't know well - BradUnderwoodforprez May 18, 2022, 9:03:16
- *hijack* - ISeeDeadHawkeyes May 18, 2022, 9:22:11
- Too much difference in "maturity" in junior high kids. Definitely a fair concern. IMO - HoseB May 18, 2022, 9:00:47
- Edit - aimlessillini May 18, 2022, 9:42:44
- I think 8th grade is fine but I do hope they're paying that bus driver double time - ATL May 18, 2022, 8:58:05
- reminds me of when my friend got in trouble on the bus to space camp for making out with a girl - lcubed May 18, 2022, 8:55:17
- You're being too protective. * - doubledown May 18, 2022, 8:42:58
- heh - VIV May 18, 2022, 8:41:49