I can't remember the places we ate. They were all recs from here, though* Archived Message
Posted by Taz on May 19, 2022, 11:36:37, in reply to "You probably recall what to do from your prior trip, but a few ideas..."
We spent a couple of evenings down at Shelter Cove. There was entertainment (fireworks?) with a number of bars and restaurants. We also took a kayak trip out of the marina there one morning. Didn't get very far, however, as we spend a couple of hours just following around a few dolphins. It was really cool when they would surface just feet from my kayak.
We enjoyed a BBQ place called One Hot Momma's so much that we ate there twice.
Also liked a place called Lucky Rooster. IIRC, a little more pricey and we did get a reservation, so it was our just adults splurge meal. No idea if it's still that way
But we had kids with us then and so we decided to go back for some adult time.
Closer & had lower key vibe.
As mentioned in a different post, we spend a week on Tybee about 10 years ago. Also spend a week in Hilton Head ~5 years ago.
Most of the beaches on Hilton Head are private.
If you can get a place in the middle of the historic district, you should be fine. But the cheaper hotels are mostly on the fringes, which can be a bit of a hike, but still not too remote.
We stayed at the Omni in Hilton head 8 or so years ago which was awesome, but we got a crazy good deal on shoulder season. We looked a few other times and it was really pricy.
Definitely recommend avoiding the high summer—it can get nasty hot there which makes Savannah a lot less pleasant.
Two middle aged women, one older woman.
Just a quick 2.5 day trip.
Want to get some history in Savanah without a huge amount of walking (some walking okay)
- Recommendations for Hilton head/Savanah - Taz May 19, 2022, 10:06:17
- Horse-drawn carriage tour of the squares in Savannah is nice* - General Engineer May 19, 2022, 11:36:41
- Poseidon in Shelter Cove at HHI was pretty good. In a little town center that also probably - GrandmotherPearlsJam May 19, 2022, 11:00:54
- I toured one of the Old Savannah houses. Have I toured all the Old Savannah houses? - complainant May 19, 2022, 10:33:20
- I'll cosign everyone else hyping Tybee Island - RangerDanger May 19, 2022, 10:30:14
- Old part of Savannah is a pretty town * - Tooldresser May 19, 2022, 10:28:59
- Olde Pink House in Savannah, Broughton Street in Savannah has a bunch of shopping - GrandmotherPearlsJam May 19, 2022, 10:21:08
- Savannah is very compact. - DT May 19, 2022, 10:11:26
- Going in 3 weeks* - Taz May 19, 2022, 10:26:36
- Haven't lived there in 25 years, but this is all spot on.* - KingTalkyTiki May 19, 2022, 10:24:58
- If you aren’t staying on HHI, Tybee Island is probably a better option for the beach - DT May 19, 2022, 10:14:23
- You plan on staying in Savannah? We stayed at the Kimpton which is by the Pirate's House - ATL May 19, 2022, 10:12:21
- Get a veranda room at the Marshall House hotel. You can walk to all the main squares... - haighter May 19, 2022, 10:08:28