The Fort Monroe peninsula, on the other side of Hampton Roads, is our little hidden gem Archived Message
Posted by RangerDanger on May 19, 2022, 12:41:16, in reply to "Anyone with advice for Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA? Wedding in October*"
Land use is still transitioning from an active base so it hasn't been overrun by development yet. Fully accessible to the public though. Nice quiet beach, though it's more Chesapeake Bay than Atlantic Ocean. Still guaranteed to see dolphins and other wildlife as well as plenty of cargo ship watching and the occasional navy ship going past. Deadrise is a decent seafood restaurant there and we really like Oozlefinch Brewery. |
We actually discovered how much we liked it after attending an October wedding at the officers club there and having to return the next day for our car.
- Anyone with advice for Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA? Wedding in October* - RSMBob May 19, 2022, 12:19:10
- Yes; back out - Stu May 19, 2022, 13:36:05
- Good stuff...nephew and fiancee' live in VB, wedding in Norfolk* - RSMBob May 19, 2022, 12:49:10
- There is a local small lunch spot chain called Taste - Sounder May 19, 2022, 12:43:47
- The Fort Monroe peninsula, on the other side of Hampton Roads, is our little hidden gem - RangerDanger May 19, 2022, 12:41:16
- I went to this amazing place for happy hour called Chick's Oyster Shack - Sounder May 19, 2022, 12:28:34