There were so many components of lululemon that I loved Archived Message
Posted by Sounder on May 19, 2022, 12:52:14, in reply to "That sounds great, not corny. I'd rather deal with all info vs partial info for tasks/projects."
I can say without irony that working there made me a better person. Much more self aware. |
And I'd rather be able to help a colleague who needs a little break for the day and be able to have someone do that for me.
at the beginning of the meeting, everyone would ask if you had any clearings, and that was your chance to say if there was anything going on in your life or day that would distract from the meeting going on. It could be anything from hey, my kid is sick and I may need to leave early to pick them up, to an actual work problem that was distracting. It sounds corny, but it was actually really great.
We have an understood “walkout” rule around meetings.
It was instituted because of over invites and general abuse of the invitation system. If a meeting is called and you’re invited, within the first 5 minutes it’s truly not pertinent to you, you can just state that and leave. No harm no foul.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- What quirky rule / standards does your job have? - haighter May 19, 2022, 8:25:09
- I have to go on a website every week and certify that I actually worked* - ISeeDeadHawkeyes May 19, 2022, 15:37:01
- the security guard has to lock up the building after the last employee leaves for the day - torinese May 19, 2022, 15:25:54
- Emails *must* be forwarded to another team member when you're out of the office on PTO.* - DiamondDazzle May 19, 2022, 14:35:39
- My previous job you couldn’t use “violent” language like “bullet point” - GhostofPokeyStixPast May 19, 2022, 13:46:17
- No idea/ dont remember/wiped from my brain* - Stu May 19, 2022, 13:45:45
- If you’re Zooming into a team call we ask you keep your camera on. - illini May 19, 2022, 13:26:54
- Not sure if super common, but if you run out of paid leave you can beg company wide for donations - ijustkrushalot May 19, 2022, 13:06:34
- Our corporate HQ weekend is Fri/Sat - ArtVandelay May 19, 2022, 12:55:42
- We've asked people to schedule meetings for 25 mins and not 30 and 50 minutes instead of 60. - ATL May 19, 2022, 12:50:10
- lululemon had something called "a clearing" - Sounder May 19, 2022, 12:32:37
- meet deadlines. - eta May 19, 2022, 11:23:06
- Limit pictures of family in your area. - EffinIllini May 19, 2022, 11:22:03
- pictures aren't bad. they remind many people the "why" when they are on a pointless zoom* - ArtVandelay May 19, 2022, 14:07:14
- *facedesk* - ATL May 19, 2022, 13:04:37
- Oh, good lord* - bjl63 May 19, 2022, 11:36:47
- That's just what they tell people - Sounder May 19, 2022, 11:23:10
- Could be* - EffinIllini May 19, 2022, 11:27:53
- No pinching butts* - bbonb May 19, 2022, 10:04:18
- Nothing good like that. We do have a "no scents" in the office rule - Taz May 19, 2022, 9:43:46
- Summer Fridays off (paid). Starting next week woo!* - Jackie May 19, 2022, 8:53:59
- Get your shit done. - Dilbert May 19, 2022, 8:28:41
- No Friday meetings. Thank God.* - SurfTheBoneyard May 19, 2022, 8:27:15
- That actually is great* - Cunativeson May 19, 2022, 8:26:29