I'm not suggesting cameras all the time Archived Message
Posted by Sounder on May 19, 2022, 13:50:17, in reply to "i think making people who are sitting at home be on camera would hurt morale worse*"
I'm just saying, turn your ####ing camera on once in a while so I know there's a real human there. |
but I've been working remote since I started in November, and I feel like I don't even know who I'm talking to half the time, so yeah, I think it's terrible for morale.
people would think you were a freak if you turned on your camera. Also, there is a lot of screen sharing during almost every meeting.
and I think it really kills morale.
Also we close at 3 p.m. on Fridays, and that goes down to 1 p.m. in June through August.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- What quirky rule / standards does your job have? - haighter May 19, 2022, 8:25:09
- I have to go on a website every week and certify that I actually worked* - ISeeDeadHawkeyes May 19, 2022, 15:37:01
- the security guard has to lock up the building after the last employee leaves for the day - torinese May 19, 2022, 15:25:54
- Emails *must* be forwarded to another team member when you're out of the office on PTO.* - DiamondDazzle May 19, 2022, 14:35:39
- My previous job you couldn’t use “violent” language like “bullet point” - GhostofPokeyStixPast May 19, 2022, 13:46:17
- No idea/ dont remember/wiped from my brain* - Stu May 19, 2022, 13:45:45
- If you’re Zooming into a team call we ask you keep your camera on. - illini May 19, 2022, 13:26:54
- Not sure if super common, but if you run out of paid leave you can beg company wide for donations - ijustkrushalot May 19, 2022, 13:06:34
- Our corporate HQ weekend is Fri/Sat - ArtVandelay May 19, 2022, 12:55:42
- We've asked people to schedule meetings for 25 mins and not 30 and 50 minutes instead of 60. - ATL May 19, 2022, 12:50:10
- lululemon had something called "a clearing" - Sounder May 19, 2022, 12:32:37
- meet deadlines. - eta May 19, 2022, 11:23:06
- Limit pictures of family in your area. - EffinIllini May 19, 2022, 11:22:03
- pictures aren't bad. they remind many people the "why" when they are on a pointless zoom* - ArtVandelay May 19, 2022, 14:07:14
- *facedesk* - ATL May 19, 2022, 13:04:37
- Oh, good lord* - bjl63 May 19, 2022, 11:36:47
- That's just what they tell people - Sounder May 19, 2022, 11:23:10
- Could be* - EffinIllini May 19, 2022, 11:27:53
- No pinching butts* - bbonb May 19, 2022, 10:04:18
- Nothing good like that. We do have a "no scents" in the office rule - Taz May 19, 2022, 9:43:46
- Summer Fridays off (paid). Starting next week woo!* - Jackie May 19, 2022, 8:53:59
- Get your shit done. - Dilbert May 19, 2022, 8:28:41
- No Friday meetings. Thank God.* - SurfTheBoneyard May 19, 2022, 8:27:15
- That actually is great* - Cunativeson May 19, 2022, 8:26:29