I'm more & more convinced his tender offer was a troll and he never expected Twitter to accept Archived Message
Posted by ATL on May 20, 2022, 11:56:28, in reply to "MORE: have to think he is trying to get ahead of SEC action here, because it's definitely coming. "
He was going to try to martyr himself through an attempted hostile takeover for teh lolz. But then Twitter accepted, he was locked in, and the tech market continued tanking. TSLA's down 45% from Jan 1 and if he's pledging TSLA he's gotten himself into a bit of a hole. But he can't be seen as backing down from the attempt, lest he lose his luster among the fanboys. |
He also likely has violated SEC rules in the leadup to all of this, and, as you say, probably wants leniency after 2024.
he'll try and make it a partisan thing and hope the next admin throws it out in 2024.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- Elon Musk is Britney Spears level delusional - Sounder May 19, 2022, 13:06:47
- TIL he’s been married twice and wife #1 has 5 sons - TarheelIllini May 20, 2022, 18:51:51
- LOLOLOL this whole thread - ATL May 20, 2022, 17:30:32
- he's a professional troll. but this is BAD business move. most of his buyers vote DEM. short TSLA* - cpsteine May 20, 2022, 11:47:23
- Wait, did his dad knock up his stepsister? - TarheelIllini May 20, 2022, 6:28:24
- huh - ATL May 19, 2022, 18:28:36
- and now accused of sexual harrassment, so this explains some things - assassin May 19, 2022, 17:39:39
- he got a bit too online and thinks twitter is real life* - ECEIllinois May 19, 2022, 14:59:09
- He's not delusional. He knows what he's doing. * - IlliniRunner May 19, 2022, 13:23:56
- Apparently he said some time ago that he left the Dems - larue33 May 19, 2022, 13:21:16
- hell yeah! Bezos and Musk in the same month? schwing!* - bigbop85 May 19, 2022, 13:14:39
- Started out rich, then was aggressive, shameless, and in the right place at the right time. - doubledown May 19, 2022, 13:12:43