It's by far the best of the post-original-trilogy movies, and just behind New Hope and Empire* Archived Message
Posted by IlliniRunner on May 20, 2022, 16:22:44, in reply to "I liked Solo, but it's nowhere near as good as Rogue One, which is probably the best Star Wars movie"
I kinda liked it.
Iím a notoriously easy grader, though.
cuz her inability to come up with any kind of plan is what ####ed up Solo and the sequel trilogy.
I don't know what the typical time commitment for a director is on a movie but just create a plan that develops good stories, hire directors to tell those stories, and then let them do their jobs
see: Marvel Cinematic Universe
- a very long and informative Star Wars piece from Vanity Fair - biclops May 17, 2022, 12:26:01
- another VF article, this time about the Andor series - biclops May 23, 2022, 13:00:20
- we are one week away from kenobi you guys* - biclops May 20, 2022, 15:09:54
- I saw a Twitter comment about George that said - TarheelIllini May 17, 2022, 13:06:46
- I saw a headline earlier today that said the one thing Kathleen Kennedy learned from Solo - IlliniSax05 May 17, 2022, 12:30:28
- in the article she mentioned that she now sees that movies should be 3-5 year commitments - biclops May 17, 2022, 12:48:55
- does she recognize that there needs to be some long term plan for the franchise in place? - IlliniSax05 May 17, 2022, 12:57:22
- Is solo generally considered to be shit? - snipes824 May 20, 2022, 15:14:06
- I thought it sucked. It was bland, directionless, and utterly forgettible* - IlliniRunner May 20, 2022, 16:21:12
- I thought it was perfectly entertaining. Not great, but not bad.* - DT May 20, 2022, 16:13:34
- I liked Solo, but it's nowhere near as good as Rogue One, which is probably the best Star Wars movie - doubledown May 20, 2022, 15:54:17
- It's by far the best of the post-original-trilogy movies, and just behind New Hope and Empire* - IlliniRunner May 20, 2022, 16:22:44
- Dammit.* - ATL May 20, 2022, 15:58:08
- It suffered from being released 5 months after The Last Jedi - IlliniSax05 May 20, 2022, 15:49:34
- I liked it, too. I'm a hard grader. I couldn't watch the prequels.* - complainant May 20, 2022, 15:32:46
- I enjoyed it, but also an easy grader for SW films* - UofIL6 May 20, 2022, 15:32:41
- my read is that the fans have come around on solo - biclops May 20, 2022, 15:21:04