young dudes are 16, 15 and 13; we have left them home alone Archived Message
Posted by suburbanmyth on May 23, 2022, 11:31:51, in reply to "Parenting question…When is it ok to leave a teenager home alone for a night?"
they are fine as a brain trust and act as checks and balances against each other. any two would probably work okay too. |
not sure i'd do it if they were solo; maybe the 16 y.o.
GC Jr. is a responsible, self-sufficient 16 year old. Is it crazy to think about leaving him home alone for a night? Feels too soon to us but he says he’d be fine with it. How have other deuce parents handled this?
- Parenting question…When is it ok to leave a teenager home alone for a night? - GCIllini99 May 23, 2022, 11:24:15
- If he's a responsible kid that you trust, then I'd see no reason not to trust him. - JFG May 23, 2022, 12:24:56
- Deuce flashback...make the call Bob - RSMBob May 23, 2022, 12:20:24
- I remember going to check on my 14 & 12 yo nephews when their folks went out of town. - illinilosch May 23, 2022, 12:19:29
- Two words: home video monitoring* - Stu May 23, 2022, 12:16:22
- We recently left our 16 y.o. alone for a night. He was fine - bbonb May 23, 2022, 12:14:14
- Thanks for feedback so far. To add a little context, we’d be an hour and a half away and would - GCIllini99 May 23, 2022, 12:02:19
- if they can drive, doesn't seem like it's even a debate at that point?* - assassin May 23, 2022, 12:01:57
- I think it would be fine, assuming you have someone who can drive by the house - eta May 23, 2022, 11:58:22
- context? overnight? How far away are you? when are you returning?* - NastyBoyd May 23, 2022, 11:36:08
- My parents started us at 15 with a responsible adult close by to check on us - Taz May 23, 2022, 11:35:36
- I would have weekends home alone from time to time at 16* - opey8 May 23, 2022, 11:32:37
- young dudes are 16, 15 and 13; we have left them home alone - suburbanmyth May 23, 2022, 11:31:51
- 16 seems fine to me - illini21 May 23, 2022, 11:29:05
- Hmmmm...Diglet#1 will be 16 in a few weeks and I'm not sure I'd leave him. - OWWDig May 23, 2022, 11:28:42
- I would think 16 is perfectly fine although I'm not a parent - IlliniSax05 May 23, 2022, 11:28:05