If he's a responsible kid that you trust, then I'd see no reason not to trust him. Archived Message
Posted by JFG on May 23, 2022, 12:24:56, in reply to "Parenting question…When is it ok to leave a teenager home alone for a night?"
Our older two are 17 and 15 and we have (on occasion) let them stay home for a night without us when we've been out of town. |
But for us it's really easy because my parents are right in town, so there's that feeling of safety if something were to happen that they needed help.
GC Jr. is a responsible, self-sufficient 16 year old. Is it crazy to think about leaving him home alone for a night? Feels too soon to us but he says he’d be fine with it. How have other deuce parents handled this?
- Parenting question…When is it ok to leave a teenager home alone for a night? - GCIllini99 May 23, 2022, 11:24:15
- If he's a responsible kid that you trust, then I'd see no reason not to trust him. - JFG May 23, 2022, 12:24:56
- Deuce flashback...make the call Bob - RSMBob May 23, 2022, 12:20:24
- I remember going to check on my 14 & 12 yo nephews when their folks went out of town. - illinilosch May 23, 2022, 12:19:29
- Two words: home video monitoring* - Stu May 23, 2022, 12:16:22
- We recently left our 16 y.o. alone for a night. He was fine - bbonb May 23, 2022, 12:14:14
- Thanks for feedback so far. To add a little context, we’d be an hour and a half away and would - GCIllini99 May 23, 2022, 12:02:19
- if they can drive, doesn't seem like it's even a debate at that point?* - assassin May 23, 2022, 12:01:57
- I think it would be fine, assuming you have someone who can drive by the house - eta May 23, 2022, 11:58:22
- context? overnight? How far away are you? when are you returning?* - NastyBoyd May 23, 2022, 11:36:08
- My parents started us at 15 with a responsible adult close by to check on us - Taz May 23, 2022, 11:35:36
- I would have weekends home alone from time to time at 16* - opey8 May 23, 2022, 11:32:37
- young dudes are 16, 15 and 13; we have left them home alone - suburbanmyth May 23, 2022, 11:31:51
- 16 seems fine to me - illini21 May 23, 2022, 11:29:05
- Hmmmm...Diglet#1 will be 16 in a few weeks and I'm not sure I'd leave him. - OWWDig May 23, 2022, 11:28:42
- I would think 16 is perfectly fine although I'm not a parent - IlliniSax05 May 23, 2022, 11:28:05