apartments are necessary for cities. I used to hate them, but I have really come around Archived Message
Posted by longsnapper on June 2, 2022, 13:23:56, in reply to "I have no problem with density. A lot of people in the area are vocal about not wanting apartments"
after learning more. |
It's why toronto is EFFED. They banned medium density apartments, and have built either skyrises or single family homes.
I say bring 'em on. But while you're at it make them single floor retail with good pedestrian activation and lets add some sidewalks and greenways with access to these development areas.
But no, we keep getting rubber-stamped, same ol same ol apartments that take up space, with no thought to infrastructure on the impact the influx of residents will have.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- Posted without comment: - longsnapper June 2, 2022, 11:00:02
- Yeah #### big cities. They suck. Sorry * - PapaDels June 3, 2022, 23:41:12
- ooo. - longsnapper June 4, 2022, 6:55:49
- this tax information is interesting* - reggiedunlop June 3, 2022, 16:42:16
- Center for Neighborhood Technology's H+T Index - oskeewowza June 2, 2022, 14:24:31
- man I wish I didn't actually have to work today because this is all basically my world. * - ijustkrushalot June 2, 2022, 13:43:16
- Can't wait* - reggiedunlop June 2, 2022, 13:35:48
- I've watched the first two episodes you linked. - illini June 2, 2022, 13:19:04
- OK, I'm trying to work through this - Sounder June 2, 2022, 12:14:00
- Absolutely not.* - complainant June 2, 2022, 14:08:06
- I'm somewhere in the middle in terms of personal preference - GrandmotherPearlsJam June 2, 2022, 13:00:18
- Of course. But it's because suburbs & most cities have been designed around cars - longsnapper June 2, 2022, 12:44:51
- Also, this asshole lives in Brainerd* - Sounder June 2, 2022, 12:18:27
- It's like how some people like wearing shoes when they run. * - doubledown June 2, 2022, 12:18:17
- Do you have an opinion on Edge Cities?* - Sounder June 2, 2022, 12:03:40
- Haters gonna hate* - HamptonSki June 2, 2022, 11:26:36
- These will either be very interesting or completely insufferable - Sounder June 2, 2022, 11:24:38
- Can't guys like this just pick a place to live that they enjoy and shut the #### up about it? - doubledown June 2, 2022, 11:17:14
- yeah, people should just throw their hands up and not try to improve anything* - longsnapper June 2, 2022, 12:49:14
- welcome to the deuce, Holly* - Gene Parmesan June 2, 2022, 12:15:38
- So you didn't watch?* - longsnapper June 2, 2022, 11:41:16
- Or maybe admit the suburbs are really appealing to parents? - bigbop85 June 2, 2022, 11:29:38
- Like what you like and live your life - Sounder June 2, 2022, 11:26:04
- ja. I'm guilty of judging people on where they live. It's dumb; I have tried to curb doing it* - cpsteine June 2, 2022, 11:19:36
- ooo - IlliniSax05 June 2, 2022, 11:18:27
- I'm gonna need to watch these later. Thanks for sharing* - KingTalkyTiki June 2, 2022, 11:03:19