This...even our very very plain post WW2 tract housing that is 95% of my neighborhood... Archived Message
Posted by haighter on June 2, 2022, 14:29:00, in reply to "our Historic Preservation Ordinance requires anything 50 years + in age to be reviewed"
...all has to go through historical review even to pull building permits. So much so that I replaced my windows on the weekend because the permit indicated that I was going to have to replace my windows with wood framed windows. |
No way was I putting in wood framed windows.
prior to demolition (usually the pain is a 60 day hold to document/conserve).
Aint nobody gives a shit about homes built in 1972.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- Posted without comment: - longsnapper June 2, 2022, 11:00:02
- Yeah #### big cities. They suck. Sorry * - PapaDels June 3, 2022, 23:41:12
- ooo. - longsnapper June 4, 2022, 6:55:49
- this tax information is interesting* - reggiedunlop June 3, 2022, 16:42:16
- Center for Neighborhood Technology's H+T Index - oskeewowza June 2, 2022, 14:24:31
- man I wish I didn't actually have to work today because this is all basically my world. * - ijustkrushalot June 2, 2022, 13:43:16
- Can't wait* - reggiedunlop June 2, 2022, 13:35:48
- I've watched the first two episodes you linked. - illini June 2, 2022, 13:19:04
- OK, I'm trying to work through this - Sounder June 2, 2022, 12:14:00
- Absolutely not.* - complainant June 2, 2022, 14:08:06
- I'm somewhere in the middle in terms of personal preference - GrandmotherPearlsJam June 2, 2022, 13:00:18
- Of course. But it's because suburbs & most cities have been designed around cars - longsnapper June 2, 2022, 12:44:51
- Also, this asshole lives in Brainerd* - Sounder June 2, 2022, 12:18:27
- It's like how some people like wearing shoes when they run. * - doubledown June 2, 2022, 12:18:17
- Do you have an opinion on Edge Cities?* - Sounder June 2, 2022, 12:03:40
- Haters gonna hate* - HamptonSki June 2, 2022, 11:26:36
- These will either be very interesting or completely insufferable - Sounder June 2, 2022, 11:24:38
- Can't guys like this just pick a place to live that they enjoy and shut the #### up about it? - doubledown June 2, 2022, 11:17:14
- yeah, people should just throw their hands up and not try to improve anything* - longsnapper June 2, 2022, 12:49:14
- welcome to the deuce, Holly* - Gene Parmesan June 2, 2022, 12:15:38
- So you didn't watch?* - longsnapper June 2, 2022, 11:41:16
- Or maybe admit the suburbs are really appealing to parents? - bigbop85 June 2, 2022, 11:29:38
- Like what you like and live your life - Sounder June 2, 2022, 11:26:04
- ja. I'm guilty of judging people on where they live. It's dumb; I have tried to curb doing it* - cpsteine June 2, 2022, 11:19:36
- ooo - IlliniSax05 June 2, 2022, 11:18:27
- I'm gonna need to watch these later. Thanks for sharing* - KingTalkyTiki June 2, 2022, 11:03:19