I don't think it is based on this quick search Archived Message
Posted by Dilbert on June 6, 2022, 9:13:22, in reply to "I'm not sure, but I bet it is pretty close*"
Producing a 75 kilowatt-hour battery for a Tesla Model 3, considered on the larger end of batteries for electric vehicles, would result in the emission of 4,500 kilograms of CO2 if it was made at Tesla's battery factory in Nevada. That’s the emissions equivalent to driving a gas-powered sedan for 1.4 years, at a yearly average distance of 12,000 miles, Hausfather said. |
If we were to consider the journey from Rome to Glasgow on a private jet - a journey that some of the G20 leaders made to get to COP 26 - that would take around two hours and 45 minutes, requiring 2,356 litres of jet fuel.
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) says 2.52kg of carbon dioxide is emitted for every litre of aviation turbine fuel burned. Therefore this flight would produce 5.9 tonnes of CO2.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- New record: NOAA records CO2 levels at 421 ppm. Highest ever. - longsnapper June 6, 2022, 5:54:10
- i will reiterate what a JPL rocket scientist who studies climate change for a living said to me.... - suburbanmyth June 6, 2022, 12:28:47
- China and India are increasing their coal output by 700 million tons this year, - Tooldresser June 6, 2022, 12:12:59
- Well happy Monday to us * - MC June 6, 2022, 11:02:19
- But but but we got carbon scrubbers deployed. - timmer June 6, 2022, 9:00:17
- Perhaps driving a 5000 lb car isn't helping - bigbop85 June 6, 2022, 8:28:00
- that was not a good article* - ECEIllinois June 6, 2022, 13:34:15
- Do as I say, not as I do* - HamptonSki June 6, 2022, 8:34:22
- Maybe they should think about switching to tires instead. * - doubledown June 6, 2022, 8:33:39
- A-mine weighs 6,000 lbs. B-drive it less than 30 miles per week. C-you are getting dangerously close - longsnapper June 6, 2022, 8:33:26
- Particulates aren't related to climate change.* - ATL June 6, 2022, 8:30:16
- well, humans are just a blip on the earth's timeline and it will hopefully heal it's self... - shua June 6, 2022, 8:20:05
- Don't worry, Leo DiCaprio will host another climate change conference and save the day. - HamptonSki June 6, 2022, 8:11:19
- I’m doing my part. I’ve started taking only 10 breaths per minute instead of 12, - doubledown June 6, 2022, 7:41:02
- This shit always depresses me. Terrible and scary for the future * - Cunativeson June 6, 2022, 7:06:12