Of course...but that doesn't change the fact that it doesn't snow anymore. * Archived Message
Posted by haighter on June 6, 2022, 9:24:16, in reply to "But yet CA residents oppose desalination plants, no?*"
...30 years ago...not 1000 years ago.
We have made great progress on pollution and air quality (actual threats to people), this idea that we have an immediate climate emergency just seems hysterical to me.
And yes, there are areas of the world that have water issues or other things, but thats because 1000 years ago we had 5% of the population we do now and couldn't ever dream of living in certain climates.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- New record: NOAA records CO2 levels at 421 ppm. Highest ever. - longsnapper June 6, 2022, 5:54:10
- i will reiterate what a JPL rocket scientist who studies climate change for a living said to me.... - suburbanmyth June 6, 2022, 12:28:47
- China and India are increasing their coal output by 700 million tons this year, - Tooldresser June 6, 2022, 12:12:59
- Well happy Monday to us * - MC June 6, 2022, 11:02:19
- But but but we got carbon scrubbers deployed. - timmer June 6, 2022, 9:00:17
- Perhaps driving a 5000 lb car isn't helping - bigbop85 June 6, 2022, 8:28:00
- that was not a good article* - ECEIllinois June 6, 2022, 13:34:15
- Do as I say, not as I do* - HamptonSki June 6, 2022, 8:34:22
- Maybe they should think about switching to tires instead. * - doubledown June 6, 2022, 8:33:39
- A-mine weighs 6,000 lbs. B-drive it less than 30 miles per week. C-you are getting dangerously close - longsnapper June 6, 2022, 8:33:26
- Particulates aren't related to climate change.* - ATL June 6, 2022, 8:30:16
- well, humans are just a blip on the earth's timeline and it will hopefully heal it's self... - shua June 6, 2022, 8:20:05
- Don't worry, Leo DiCaprio will host another climate change conference and save the day. - HamptonSki June 6, 2022, 8:11:19
- I’m doing my part. I’ve started taking only 10 breaths per minute instead of 12, - doubledown June 6, 2022, 7:41:02
- This shit always depresses me. Terrible and scary for the future * - Cunativeson June 6, 2022, 7:06:12