It’s the classic boiling frog. Slowly ratchets up each year until we ask WTF has been going on… Archived Message
Posted by LeatherneckIllini on June 6, 2022, 13:46:43, in reply to "i will reiterate what a JPL rocket scientist who studies climate change for a living said to me...."
I agree with that sentiment a bit though. It’s going to cause huge losses and deaths will add up over time, but no single event will “break” the system. More worried about another pandemic, some sort of catastrophic power failure or war which all have the ability to end society as we know it. |
it is real and an increasing problem to be sure. but in the list of society's problems to be worried about, it should rank in the 100s.
will not come close to impacting us in any meaningful way for a long, long time.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- New record: NOAA records CO2 levels at 421 ppm. Highest ever. - longsnapper June 6, 2022, 5:54:10
- i will reiterate what a JPL rocket scientist who studies climate change for a living said to me.... - suburbanmyth June 6, 2022, 12:28:47
- China and India are increasing their coal output by 700 million tons this year, - Tooldresser June 6, 2022, 12:12:59
- Well happy Monday to us * - MC June 6, 2022, 11:02:19
- But but but we got carbon scrubbers deployed. - timmer June 6, 2022, 9:00:17
- Perhaps driving a 5000 lb car isn't helping - bigbop85 June 6, 2022, 8:28:00
- that was not a good article* - ECEIllinois June 6, 2022, 13:34:15
- Do as I say, not as I do* - HamptonSki June 6, 2022, 8:34:22
- Maybe they should think about switching to tires instead. * - doubledown June 6, 2022, 8:33:39
- A-mine weighs 6,000 lbs. B-drive it less than 30 miles per week. C-you are getting dangerously close - longsnapper June 6, 2022, 8:33:26
- Particulates aren't related to climate change.* - ATL June 6, 2022, 8:30:16
- well, humans are just a blip on the earth's timeline and it will hopefully heal it's self... - shua June 6, 2022, 8:20:05
- Don't worry, Leo DiCaprio will host another climate change conference and save the day. - HamptonSki June 6, 2022, 8:11:19
- I’m doing my part. I’ve started taking only 10 breaths per minute instead of 12, - doubledown June 6, 2022, 7:41:02
- This shit always depresses me. Terrible and scary for the future * - Cunativeson June 6, 2022, 7:06:12