I lived in the Outer Richmond two blocks from Golden Gate Archived Message
Posted by Sounder on June 6, 2022, 16:13:46, in reply to "I'm not saying it's a "blue collar city"...I'm just saying I don't think I see a lot of dudes..."
worked south of market, and I was in the city 10 days ago. People wear athleisure. I bet they even wear athleisure at your brewery. |
And I mean...I do spend like 95% of my non-work related time west of Sunset...because I live here...and I don't see a shitload of dudes wearing athleisure.
As far as my "reality being a complete fabrication"...I mean, I'm the one who actually lives here right? When did you move away? You lived in...Nob Hill, Pacifica and...checks list...Walnut Creek?
I'll trust my view of my reality.
It's just not the blue collar city you seem to think that it is. Unless you spend all of your time either in the outer sunset, or at work, and never go anywhere else in the Bay Area, your reality is a complete fabrication.
...and I don't live in the sticks. Maybe I just don't recognize it.
But I see mostly jeans or logo tshirts with a hoodie or vest of some sort.
I'd bet I see a lot more Carhartt than Lululemon...which is another point of contention. If you have stiff Carhartt gear, you don't do Carhartt stuff.
you either live in the sticks or you're not paying attention. Coincidentally, lulu does well in markets like Pittsburgh and Detroit because it's a Canadian brand and has a high correlation of men's sales in places where hockey is popular.
...but I feel like all tshirts that come from an active apparel brand have a strange, activewear, sheen or look to them.
Not a basic cotton t...which is probably why they're 58 dollars to start with.
I don't prefer the blended fabric look.
my only beef with Old Navy (I used to work there and still buy a lot of clothes from there) is that the collar is shot like the third time you wear the shirt.
just acknowledging that you get what you pay for. Old Navy shirts are $8 for a reason.
than a cheaper one? Buy a lulumon t shirt and an Old Navy tshirt and let me know after two years which one looks better.
so the replacement cost is fine.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- White trash? I prefer beach towels to bath towels and will frequently use one… - haighter June 5, 2022, 22:16:05
- Brooklinen FTW* - bbonb June 6, 2022, 17:21:45
- YOU FVCKING MONSTER! - timmer June 6, 2022, 14:57:38
- Spinoff - my wife bought a new set of towels and they are lighter, absorbant, and kind of stretchy - Cunativeson June 6, 2022, 13:50:39
- I’m #teamsounder. Buy yourself a bath sheet and be done. * - ATL June 6, 2022, 13:47:27
- Sidejack to this completely irrational thread... - haighter June 6, 2022, 13:28:55
- Tell her fine, get a Dick Towel. * - ghost_of_clt June 6, 2022, 7:03:33
- I would never guess a beach towel to be more comfortable. But, - longsnapper June 6, 2022, 7:01:40
- I have a beach towel hanging behind the door that is devoted to wiping the shower after each use - Stu June 6, 2022, 3:57:11
- Go buy a good quality bath sheet or two. End a pointless fight with your wife* - Taz June 6, 2022, 3:48:40
- Some people like to bleach their towels and washcloths. - complainant June 6, 2022, 0:55:23
- Why not just buy a big ass nice towel?* - Sounder June 5, 2022, 23:50:49
- It…sounds like you’re just buying shitty bath towels?* - assassin June 5, 2022, 22:58:33
- lol, whatever makes you happy* - reggiedunlop June 5, 2022, 22:44:21
- (no subject) - Lurkyloo June 5, 2022, 22:43:11