Was runner out of the runner's lane? Yes. Was the throw catchable if runner was in lane? Debatable.. Archived Message
Posted by RSMBob on June 6, 2022, 22:01:27, in reply to "This is just an insane call that might end a teamís season."
...but if yes, then right call. They didn't change the call...base umpire correctly ruled runner safe at 1B. Plate umpire overruled (not changed) with the out call for runner not in runner's lane causing offensive interference. That is plate umpire responsibility. |
Now, did the defense get essentially rewarded for a bad throw? Yep. That's baseball. Out at 1B, runner back to 3B.
Runner's lane is there for a reason.
- These college baseball regionals have been wildly entertaining. - OB25 June 6, 2022, 16:57:36
- Late night madness continues...Stanford with b2b HRs in the bottom of the 9th to tie Texas St 3-3* - RSMBob June 7, 2022, 0:17:37
- This is just an insane call that might end a teamís season. - OB25 June 6, 2022, 21:05:02
- He couldn't have ran much more of a straight line, that call is absurd* - reggiedunlop June 7, 2022, 9:34:40
- Yet another reason to have another base there to give the runner and defender room to operate* - bjl63 June 7, 2022, 7:43:44
- Was runner out of the runner's lane? Yes. Was the throw catchable if runner was in lane? Debatable.. - RSMBob June 6, 2022, 22:01:27
- So you're ok with not enforcing the rule there? Because by rule that is clearly runner interference* - ilinni11 June 6, 2022, 22:00:07
- I mean, he was running inside the baseline* - IlliniRunner June 6, 2022, 21:42:35
- Are you saying it went to replay? - illinijohn June 6, 2022, 21:40:25
- Twitter tells me Michigan was screwed by the refs - jdl June 6, 2022, 16:59:14
- On point - illini222 June 6, 2022, 22:43:40