What was that one? * Archived Message
Posted by haighter on June 6, 2022, 23:16:18, in reply to "ďRock star, rock starĒ. One of the best Alessandro stories *"
And I ask seriously, because you would know.
We got my almost 15 year old a nice (enough) suit at the Rack this spring. Wasnít even $300 thanks to a sale.
So, I'm assuming I need a suit. I don't own a suit. I don't have a blazer or sportcoat or any of that. I don't even have a shirt that I'd feel comfortable wearing a tie with.
What is a safe bet for a middle-40s dude and how much should it cost? I wanna look nice but not like a poof. I want ONE suit, not multiple suits. I don't wanna spend 1000 bucks either, because as referenced above, I don't even have one now, so I'm not going to need one that costs me a grand and I hang in my closet for another 2 years.
Links would be appreciated.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- This oughtta be another entertaining thread. I'm going to a wedding this summer...dress code... - haighter June 6, 2022, 16:29:06
- Donít go. Money saved.* - timmer June 6, 2022, 22:48:17
- Just indochino that shit and be done w it - digs June 6, 2022, 20:11:22
- is there a SF equivalent to this? - Jersey June 6, 2022, 19:56:10
- For reasons, I found myself needing a suit at the last minute for a wedding. - doubledown June 6, 2022, 19:49:07
- Hereís my suit story. Packing for our move a month ago. The plan was that weíd move out of our LA - meanjeans June 6, 2022, 19:41:45
- Nordstrom Rack. Or is that a bad idea Sounder? - Chicago1995 June 6, 2022, 19:19:52
- my only suit is bonobos - snipes824 June 6, 2022, 19:12:55
- Since you're not into suits but wanna look nice, I would go to men's wear house and have - Taz June 6, 2022, 19:00:03
- brooks brothers... if you are going to have one suit * - Throwsize June 6, 2022, 18:30:03
- "just be nice to the gentlemen, Fancy, They'll be nice to you"* - shua June 6, 2022, 18:23:56
- Rent from backtux.com. Save yourself from owning a suit* - longsnapper June 6, 2022, 18:19:09
- Fancy like? Brand new jeans without the holes in Ďem?* - IlliniOllie June 6, 2022, 18:04:11
- If you want out well itís up to you Ö * - illini June 6, 2022, 17:18:05
- How do you not have a single suit or sport coat?* - bbonb June 6, 2022, 17:12:12
- Suit Supply is worth a try* - RSMBob June 6, 2022, 17:11:33
- I paid $10 for the best suit Iíve ever had at a second hand store - Stu June 6, 2022, 17:08:53
- side note: I'm curious for the next couple of years of fashion trends - Sounder June 6, 2022, 17:07:54
- I needed a new suit a few years ago and went to a local menís store. I think it was around $200 and - harb June 6, 2022, 17:04:26
- Top hat and tails* - AintHatin June 6, 2022, 17:04:21
- Anyone have any experience with Indochino?* - Sounder June 6, 2022, 17:02:48
- For that kind of a wedding, I'd probably get something fun like seersucker* - Sounder June 6, 2022, 17:00:49
- Honestly, you could get a pretty good option at Men's Wearhouse - Sounder June 6, 2022, 16:54:51
- This is very surprising to me* - Carl Spackler June 6, 2022, 16:45:30
- Banana Republic or JCrew outlets. You can buy separates (so youíre unlikely to need tailoring) - Herman Blume June 6, 2022, 16:43:14
- Out Of The Closet should have some good options.* - complainant June 6, 2022, 16:37:02
- Where is the wedding? A fancy summer wedding does not mean a suit by any means* - HamptonSki June 6, 2022, 16:35:35
- Banana hammock* - ATL June 6, 2022, 16:32:47
- Bonobos - bigbop85 June 6, 2022, 16:31:47
- Sounds like you need at least a suit, shirt, tie and shoes* - bucktownillini June 6, 2022, 16:31:16
- boom ... - Kajagoogoo June 6, 2022, 16:31:09
- thatís a bullshit dress code* - biclops June 6, 2022, 16:30:43