a delicious cancer* Archived Message
Posted by Tortillini on June 7, 2022, 7:31:01, in reply to "In & Out should have to be in the middle of nowhere. They're a cancer. *"
Exceptions would be any restaurant within a quarter mile of an on/off ramp.
No reason for the McDonald's at Damen & Chicago or Logan & Milwaukee to have a drive thru.
Related, it should be illegal for drive thru lines to spill out onto public roads.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- Snapper's Urban design idea of the day: no drive thrus in urban areas. - longsnapper June 7, 2022, 7:04:43
- Snapper on a first date - Sounder June 7, 2022, 13:36:19
- ####ing hate how car centric the US is* - ECEIllinois June 7, 2022, 12:35:11
- Chapel Hill doesn't allow drive throughs* - opey8 June 7, 2022, 9:43:21
- No reason? Isn't difficulty of parking a pretty good reason?* - Sounder June 7, 2022, 9:36:53
- My moonshot design idea: Make underneath the EL a covered bikeway everywhere* - Chilango June 7, 2022, 9:31:09
- that would concentrate public transit along the same lines. Would rather have boulevards turn to - longsnapper June 7, 2022, 9:42:55
- ooo - bigbop85 June 7, 2022, 9:39:54
- my moonshot idea- shutter the EL. - VIV June 7, 2022, 9:36:38
- Yeah, that's a MARS shot. - Chilango June 7, 2022, 12:14:30
- the El is good. Just need light rail or real dedicated bus lanes to connect as a circle line.* - longsnapper June 7, 2022, 9:41:57
- Just have buses stop less often and always stop after a light/stop sign - bigbop85 June 7, 2022, 9:44:17
- 100% agree with the less stops and location.* - longsnapper June 7, 2022, 9:47:38
- ooo - VIV June 7, 2022, 9:49:34
- ooo - longsnapper June 7, 2022, 9:52:26
- This was my number one fixable chicago transit issue five years ago - reggiedunlop June 7, 2022, 9:47:21
- Now, it would be 1) increasing the number of e-bikes and lowering the price with 2) increasing - reggiedunlop June 7, 2022, 9:53:49
- there should be stops at every "200." 800N, 1000N, 1200N, etc.* - longsnapper June 7, 2022, 9:51:37
- We actually discussed it quite heavily here with Kimmerz (come back) and TIT (come back)* - reggiedunlop June 7, 2022, 9:49:03
- Plain English pod on this recently talked about how our environmental laws make this impossible - bigbop85 June 7, 2022, 9:41:05
- I agree about the spill out on to roads. - Chicago1995 June 7, 2022, 8:59:03
- We classify areas of town as "Urban" "Traditional" and "Suburban" - ijustkrushalot June 7, 2022, 8:42:52
- Welcome to San Francisco. * - haighter June 7, 2022, 7:41:37
- There is a drive thru Starbucks near me that backs up into traffic on a daily basis* - CWR10 June 7, 2022, 7:40:24
- Spoken like a dude with no kids* - Carl Spackler June 7, 2022, 7:31:26
- In & Out should have to be in the middle of nowhere. They're a cancer. * - doubledown June 7, 2022, 7:27:47