it is not open yet, but I will get you a picture next time I am over there Archived Message
Posted by Dilbert on June 7, 2022, 9:11:18, in reply to "Well, you kind of answered with the "not walkable & no public transit" but"
It is next to a Culvers and is an outlot of the Wally World |
Just what I'm imagining as an oversized parking lot and small Starbucks.
It isn't exactly walkable around here and no public transit.
I'd rather they plan for it...
Plus 100 feet of parking lot and entrance /exit off a side street.
Tried to make it as difficult as possible under the constraints of zoning requirements.
Whereas the DD is an old Hardee's and has like 4 cars in the drive thru and backs out to the road (side street / access roa)
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- Snapper's Urban design idea of the day: no drive thrus in urban areas. - longsnapper June 7, 2022, 7:04:43
- Snapper on a first date - Sounder June 7, 2022, 13:36:19
- ####ing hate how car centric the US is* - ECEIllinois June 7, 2022, 12:35:11
- Chapel Hill doesn't allow drive throughs* - opey8 June 7, 2022, 9:43:21
- No reason? Isn't difficulty of parking a pretty good reason?* - Sounder June 7, 2022, 9:36:53
- My moonshot design idea: Make underneath the EL a covered bikeway everywhere* - Chilango June 7, 2022, 9:31:09
- that would concentrate public transit along the same lines. Would rather have boulevards turn to - longsnapper June 7, 2022, 9:42:55
- ooo - bigbop85 June 7, 2022, 9:39:54
- my moonshot idea- shutter the EL. - VIV June 7, 2022, 9:36:38
- Yeah, that's a MARS shot. - Chilango June 7, 2022, 12:14:30
- the El is good. Just need light rail or real dedicated bus lanes to connect as a circle line.* - longsnapper June 7, 2022, 9:41:57
- Just have buses stop less often and always stop after a light/stop sign - bigbop85 June 7, 2022, 9:44:17
- 100% agree with the less stops and location.* - longsnapper June 7, 2022, 9:47:38
- ooo - VIV June 7, 2022, 9:49:34
- ooo - longsnapper June 7, 2022, 9:52:26
- This was my number one fixable chicago transit issue five years ago - reggiedunlop June 7, 2022, 9:47:21
- Now, it would be 1) increasing the number of e-bikes and lowering the price with 2) increasing - reggiedunlop June 7, 2022, 9:53:49
- there should be stops at every "200." 800N, 1000N, 1200N, etc.* - longsnapper June 7, 2022, 9:51:37
- We actually discussed it quite heavily here with Kimmerz (come back) and TIT (come back)* - reggiedunlop June 7, 2022, 9:49:03
- Plain English pod on this recently talked about how our environmental laws make this impossible - bigbop85 June 7, 2022, 9:41:05
- I agree about the spill out on to roads. - Chicago1995 June 7, 2022, 8:59:03
- We classify areas of town as "Urban" "Traditional" and "Suburban" - ijustkrushalot June 7, 2022, 8:42:52
- Welcome to San Francisco. * - haighter June 7, 2022, 7:41:37
- There is a drive thru Starbucks near me that backs up into traffic on a daily basis* - CWR10 June 7, 2022, 7:40:24
- Spoken like a dude with no kids* - Carl Spackler June 7, 2022, 7:31:26
- In & Out should have to be in the middle of nowhere. They're a cancer. * - doubledown June 7, 2022, 7:27:47