Also Iím a 1. Get me there reliably, timely and safely. Donít care what it looks like. Archived Message
Posted by Carl Spackler on June 7, 2022, 10:12:35, in reply to "How much do you care about your car?"
I donít have any need for features. |
My first car I bought new in 2008 without power windows or remote unlock.
Iíve got a 2004 Acura TSX and a 2009 Honda CRV that I bought for I think less than $13K combined. Plan on running each into the ground.
For the purposes of this exercise, 1 being you just want something to get you from point A to point B reliably, safely and really nothing else matters. 10 being you obsess over it, want it fully tricked out and are giving it unnecessary waxes on a weekly basis. Have a guy down the street from me that does a full hand wash and wax of his Mazda Miata every week.
- How much do you care about your car? - Carl Spackler June 7, 2022, 9:57:36 [poll]
- It's a sliding scale from new to old. - uofi1998 June 7, 2022, 11:07:56
- Not messy is a big deal to me, not dirty doesnít matter as much. I like it to be clean though. * - meanjeans June 7, 2022, 10:59:08
- If my son gets a scratch, meh. If my car gets a scratch, I freak out - timmer June 7, 2022, 10:56:19
- Change my oil every day, unless I'm sick* - Stu June 7, 2022, 10:55:53
- I was about a 6, but kids have turned me into a 1* - HamptonSki June 7, 2022, 10:48:49
- 2? 3? Just want to look clean-ish but most important, to never have rust spots. * - MC June 7, 2022, 10:41:40
- I don't wash my Jeep Wrangler every week but I clean the bumpers, flares and wheels weekly. - illinilosch June 7, 2022, 10:22:36
- 0 - JFG June 7, 2022, 10:21:59
- i get washed every other week; waxed every other month; where does that land me?* - suburbanmyth June 7, 2022, 10:16:02
- Daily Driver X3: 4. As you know, in the city, it stays in the garage 85% of the time... - KingTalkyTiki June 7, 2022, 10:13:26
- Also Iím a 1. Get me there reliably, timely and safely. Donít care what it looks like. - Carl Spackler June 7, 2022, 10:12:35
- 5? I don't want it to look like a shitbox...but dreams of something cool are long gone... - haighter June 7, 2022, 10:10:59
- Probably a 3 or 4 - snipes824 June 7, 2022, 10:08:39
- I have never waxed a car. - DT June 7, 2022, 10:05:44
- I definitely take more care of the Miata than the CX-5s - Dilbert June 7, 2022, 10:03:02
- every previous car, I'd be a 1. New car, more of a 5. - longsnapper June 7, 2022, 9:59:40
- Null set* - reggiedunlop June 7, 2022, 9:58:13