again, maybe they need to be better designed. It's not the light rail, it's the implementation* Archived Message
Posted by longsnapper on June 7, 2022, 12:01:56, in reply to "The expense was acknowledged and expected"
at the end of the day, we have a new car tunnel that people use and a new light rail system that they don't use.
tunnel down to get it unstuck?
tunnels generally are the most expensive way to address an issue.
I voted for it. The main benefit is that it opens up the waterfront to the Pike Place corridor.
it goes one direction, straight north and south, and if you don't live on that line, it's basically useless. I've used it a few times, but frankly it's still faster and about the same price as driving (and I have a free transit pass through work).
on existing roads. Is seattle the city that did their own "tunnel" or was it Portland?
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- Snapper's Urban design idea of the day: no drive thrus in urban areas. - longsnapper June 7, 2022, 7:04:43
- Snapper on a first date - Sounder June 7, 2022, 13:36:19
- ####ing hate how car centric the US is* - ECEIllinois June 7, 2022, 12:35:11
- Chapel Hill doesn't allow drive throughs* - opey8 June 7, 2022, 9:43:21
- No reason? Isn't difficulty of parking a pretty good reason?* - Sounder June 7, 2022, 9:36:53
- My moonshot design idea: Make underneath the EL a covered bikeway everywhere* - Chilango June 7, 2022, 9:31:09
- that would concentrate public transit along the same lines. Would rather have boulevards turn to - longsnapper June 7, 2022, 9:42:55
- ooo - bigbop85 June 7, 2022, 9:39:54
- my moonshot idea- shutter the EL. - VIV June 7, 2022, 9:36:38
- Yeah, that's a MARS shot. - Chilango June 7, 2022, 12:14:30
- the El is good. Just need light rail or real dedicated bus lanes to connect as a circle line.* - longsnapper June 7, 2022, 9:41:57
- Just have buses stop less often and always stop after a light/stop sign - bigbop85 June 7, 2022, 9:44:17
- 100% agree with the less stops and location.* - longsnapper June 7, 2022, 9:47:38
- ooo - VIV June 7, 2022, 9:49:34
- ooo - longsnapper June 7, 2022, 9:52:26
- This was my number one fixable chicago transit issue five years ago - reggiedunlop June 7, 2022, 9:47:21
- Now, it would be 1) increasing the number of e-bikes and lowering the price with 2) increasing - reggiedunlop June 7, 2022, 9:53:49
- there should be stops at every "200." 800N, 1000N, 1200N, etc.* - longsnapper June 7, 2022, 9:51:37
- We actually discussed it quite heavily here with Kimmerz (come back) and TIT (come back)* - reggiedunlop June 7, 2022, 9:49:03
- Plain English pod on this recently talked about how our environmental laws make this impossible - bigbop85 June 7, 2022, 9:41:05
- I agree about the spill out on to roads. - Chicago1995 June 7, 2022, 8:59:03
- We classify areas of town as "Urban" "Traditional" and "Suburban" - ijustkrushalot June 7, 2022, 8:42:52
- Welcome to San Francisco. * - haighter June 7, 2022, 7:41:37
- There is a drive thru Starbucks near me that backs up into traffic on a daily basis* - CWR10 June 7, 2022, 7:40:24
- Spoken like a dude with no kids* - Carl Spackler June 7, 2022, 7:31:26
- In & Out should have to be in the middle of nowhere. They're a cancer. * - doubledown June 7, 2022, 7:27:47