I'm a lifelong practicing Buddhist Archived Message
Posted by Stu on June 7, 2022, 13:52:30, in reply to "Do you ever have the urge to apologize to bugs you squash on the floor or pavement?"
In the monastery in which I was raised, such things were forbidden. Us hardliners were in quite a conundrum when germs were discovered, and we realized that we had to pray for all the germs we squashed with every step we took.
- Do you ever have the urge to apologize to bugs you squash on the floor or pavement? - bbonb June 7, 2022, 12:35:59
- I usually send a card or gift basket to their families* - Herman Blume June 7, 2022, 14:21:49
- I'm a lifelong practicing Buddhist - Stu June 7, 2022, 13:52:30
- They come in my house, they've signed their own death warrant. - larue33 June 7, 2022, 13:30:35
- what kinds of bugs are we talking about here? - uofi1998 June 7, 2022, 13:27:47
- No way, I'm all "die, ####er!"* - Tortillini June 7, 2022, 13:24:49
- My wife always makes me kill spiders - Sounder June 7, 2022, 12:58:12
- I just avoid crushing them, bonbon* - Jackie June 7, 2022, 12:56:48