There could be an economic situation where such a tax cut would be an economic stimulus Archived Message
Posted by DT on June 8, 2022, 8:12:19, in reply to "Funny how the tax cut for corporations/rich didn't better the economy. "
But when the tax cut was passed, we were already seeing consistent growth and interest rates were near zero and there was a glut of capital without any good places for it to be productively invested. |
So giving a big capital injection to investors and corporations was just adding more money that had nowhere to go that would produce any broader benefit.
Whoulda thunk it?
And as everyone who knew anything at all about economics predicted, it had zero effect on the economy but did manage to significantly increase the deficit and all that public borrowing went directly into the pockets of wealthy shareholders. A straight looting of the federal government by plutocrats. But the GOP is going to protect the working class. Pay no attention to the last 100 years of absolutely consistent policy, if you just elect them again surely they will lend a hand to American workers.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- I love it when my worldviews are confirmed. Bruce Pearl on the economy. - ATL June 8, 2022, 7:24:18
- ah, now Jack Del Rio outwardly referring to an attempted coup as a dust up - assassin June 8, 2022, 10:55:57
- Well, he's a rich guy with no moral compass, so of course* - Jackie June 8, 2022, 8:29:17
- Itís so GQP to embrace and admire cheaters - TarheelIllini June 8, 2022, 8:26:51
- Itís almost like he thinks heís not loaded.* - SurfTheBoneyard June 8, 2022, 8:11:46
- Holy shit, the other replies to that Biden tweet make Pearls look tame.* - WhitmansFolly June 8, 2022, 8:02:39
- No Alabama primaries last night, wonder what brought this on? - osklister June 8, 2022, 7:55:46
- Thatís perfect* - snipes824 June 8, 2022, 7:45:05
- Is he eyeing a Senate run? Betting that TN, AL, or IN republicans are just as dumb as GA pubs? * - doubledown June 8, 2022, 7:42:56
- Stop pursuing socialism and start helping the working class! - DT June 8, 2022, 7:38:56
- ooo - memyselfandillini June 8, 2022, 9:18:42
- Man that is perfect. Lol at the energy policies bit. Although the stimulus bit is probably true* - cpsteine June 8, 2022, 7:35:39