I need to dive into that, my current struggle is dialing in streetscape buildout for new development Archived Message
Posted by ijustkrushalot on June 9, 2022, 11:40:38, in reply to "Not yet. Got distracted by Chicago street design codes*"
on one hand we tell developers they need to build out full streetscape from curb to building when they improve a site, but because there are various styles in the core we're a bit vague on what that means |
and on the flip side I'm struggling to get our public works department to do this with some new streets, when they're going off of SUDAS specs for a 5-6' sidewalk and a tree lawn
and now I'm trying to marry the two on a site where we're building the road and the developer is building the building and the two sides are fighting over what's in their scope.
- Hey Snapper! Thoughts? (Urban Revitalization) - Dilbert June 9, 2022, 10:35:33
- Lipstick on a pig + developer-driven to get attention for their other projects - oskeewowza June 9, 2022, 11:25:28
- Somewhat sidejack: @wrathofgnon is a good twitter follow "traditional" urban revitalization* - General Engineer June 9, 2022, 11:10:36
- That might be the most insane event urban planning project I have ever seen - Sounder June 9, 2022, 11:04:42
- Roads are good things, there should be a public street every 300-500 feet. - ijustkrushalot June 9, 2022, 10:51:45
- Love it* - longsnapper June 9, 2022, 10:46:15
- I love that but $$$$* - Cunativeson June 9, 2022, 10:45:24