considering how most of the other STL foodstuffs are so hyped to the moon by natives Archived Message
Posted by VIV on June 9, 2022, 15:10:41, in reply to "I'm surprised Lion's Choice hasn't been exported beyond the STL market. "
it's a surprise that possibly the best of the bunch is a bit slept on. |
It's a legitimately great product that is seemingly pretty differentiated.
Seems to be growing pretty quick. Seems like suddenly they were everywhere in the STL area a couple years ago, but then covid happened
However, Lionís Choice tastes like Arbyís as I remember it in the 1990s. Though no curly fries which is kind of a deal breaker if what you actually want is Arbyís.
Lionís choice does have potato cakes though.
What I miss is Arbyís wild cherry shakes.
1) The wagyu burger is good, but overpriced. In other words, it's an Arby's menu item.
2) They were out of curly fries. Disappointing.
3) They no longer offer potato cakes. Devastating.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- I went to Arby's for the first time in a long time the other day - Sammich June 9, 2022, 11:58:59
- Growing up there was an Arbys on the corner of Harlem and South Blvd - TarheelIllini June 9, 2022, 15:18:44
- i love their double beef and cheddars. could take or leave curly fries. their crinkles are good* - lcubed June 9, 2022, 14:35:35
- Last few times Iíve been to Arbyís itís been absolutely disgusting - Blazer June 9, 2022, 14:28:46
- lion's choice is so much better than arby's. * - VIV June 9, 2022, 14:38:11
- What the hell is Lions choice?* - illini21 June 9, 2022, 14:41:58
- STL chain that does roast beef sandwiches, but they're actually really damn good* - VIV June 9, 2022, 14:44:32
- Missouri-based fancy Arbyís fast food chain - Blazer June 9, 2022, 14:44:17
- Was it started by RedLion44?* - Tortillini June 9, 2022, 14:52:15
- RIP* - VIV June 9, 2022, 15:09:24
- I'm surprised Lion's Choice hasn't been exported beyond the STL market. - CWR10 June 9, 2022, 14:49:29
- considering how most of the other STL foodstuffs are so hyped to the moon by natives - VIV June 9, 2022, 15:10:41
- Huh. Iíll have to check that out next time Iím driving down there* - illini21 June 9, 2022, 14:46:46
- Their fries when hot beat all other FF fries* - GhostofPokeyStixPast June 9, 2022, 14:41:55
- Itís really good* - Blazer June 9, 2022, 14:41:00
- I went to Arby's 2 weeks ago and got a double beef and cheese. - Illiniphil June 9, 2022, 14:33:00
- Despite the lactose intolerance, a Jamocha shake is still almost worth it.* - KingTalkyTiki June 9, 2022, 13:28:13
- Last time I went was 1978 to the one on Sixth* - Stu June 9, 2022, 13:25:03
- I went to Arby's for the first time in a long time the other day, in Urbana - illinijohn June 9, 2022, 13:18:24
- No more potato cakes you say......no more Tarheel then - TarheelIllini June 9, 2022, 12:25:32
- How the frack does Arby's run out of curly fries? - Sounder June 9, 2022, 12:25:31
- Jamocha shake? * - jdl June 9, 2022, 12:11:29
- I havenít had arbys in years but I do want to try that burger - illini21 June 9, 2022, 12:10:17
- What time did you go they were out of curly fries?* - assassin June 9, 2022, 12:09:27
- Our store closed last month. Twas a sad day. And I couldn't even drown my sorrows with Arby's. * - illini June 9, 2022, 12:08:04
- The potato cakes was terrible news. Got the same message from a store recently - UofIL6 June 9, 2022, 12:05:56
- I love Arby's, especially when they do the 2 gyros for $6 deal.* - Warrin'_Illini June 9, 2022, 12:05:48