The Republican Primary for my local U.S. Rep had 4 Trumpers and 1 Moderate Archived Message
Posted by Jersey on June 10, 2022, 9:37:46, in reply to "Sullivan looked positioned to be that guy…"
The Moderate ended up winning in part because the Trumpers divvyed up the majority vote amongst themselves. Ironically, Trump's golf club in Bedminster is located in this district. |
Young, tech savvy, photogenic… then he stumbled out of the gate making it looked like he served in the Army when he was a civilian contractor. Then when Irvin jumped in he abandoned the moderate lane and tried to out-Bailey Bailey by turning hard right Catholic conservative on abortion, CRT, trans athletes, etc. Started looking like a wide eyed nutball. People don’t trust him because he moved back from California to run while Bailey has been here the whole time.
They've been successful in doing so in places like Maryland and Massachusetts, where the Democratic populace likes their Republican governors.
and he'll get crushed.
Haven't been following closely, but guess I'm surprised that Sullivan is so far back in 3rd place.
Really wish the GOP could run a candidate to take out JB.
Chicago is a Hellhole opens lead on All Lives Matter Oh, IL GOP...
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- ....and somewhere JB smiled. - KingTalkyTiki June 10, 2022, 9:04:01
- I still chuckle that you removed my quote* - JeffFrank June 10, 2022, 13:02:06
- quite a read on the pub illinois attorney general candidate (link inside) - lcubed June 10, 2022, 10:59:06
- seems his talents would be put to better use in the diplomatic corps - Sammich June 10, 2022, 11:55:34
- Riley is quite fetching and you too can get your hair did by her - ATL June 10, 2022, 11:48:46
- she apparently graduated from the same hs as i did...albeit many years later. - lcubed June 10, 2022, 13:09:25
- ooo - JeffFrank June 10, 2022, 13:23:08
- ooo - Sammich June 10, 2022, 13:41:35
- Seems like she's coo-coo-crazy - KingTalkyTiki June 10, 2022, 13:04:53
- She’s the CEO of a two person hair salon. Nice website though* - CWR10 June 10, 2022, 11:55:13
- Related article from 2020... - EffinIllini June 10, 2022, 11:38:43
- The Karens who yell at school boards love him. - SurfTheBoneyard June 10, 2022, 11:36:33
- They're not sending their best...to run for public office.* - KingTalkyTiki June 10, 2022, 11:29:39
- Well that is some kind of something * - Jackie June 10, 2022, 11:08:40
- We all know how the general will go - Dilbert June 10, 2022, 9:51:45
- A Republican who looks like ME is the Democrat's worst nightmare!* - HamptonSki June 10, 2022, 9:18:56
- Very surprised that Bailey would be leading. - EffinIllini June 10, 2022, 9:18:40
- Amazing he's leading and all he has ever done - bjl63 June 10, 2022, 9:46:29
- The "attack" ad JB ran against Bailey being too conversative, too in favor of 2A, too restrictive on - illini222 June 10, 2022, 9:39:36
- Didn't see a sign for anyone else besides Bailey in Quincy* - reggiedunlop June 10, 2022, 9:37:12
- from afar, JB is the best governor Illinois has had since Edgar - ijustkrushalot June 10, 2022, 9:25:39
- I don't....and enjoying the clown show they are trotting out while trying. - KingTalkyTiki June 10, 2022, 9:24:51
- You'd think that in these large, deep blue states, the GOP would find and nominate centrists or - ATL June 10, 2022, 9:22:50
- Baileys ads are hysterical - illini21 June 10, 2022, 9:13:21
- The Senate candidate also has a good chance of being a nut. - SurfTheBoneyard June 10, 2022, 9:10:08