I am a Spirit apologist. Here are my reasons. Archived Message
Posted by complainant on June 10, 2022, 20:17:07, in reply to "If I book a flight on Spirit Airlines will I regret it?"
I rarely need to transport my closet, so a backpack suits me better than a carry-on (which will add $40). |
The seats don't tilt, so the pitch is less upright than other airlines. You won't get someone's headrest in nose.
Delta Shuttle is ideal for traveling between the cities it serves, but I often fly to cities it doesn't serve. Spirit's route map is extensive. If I buy in advance, I can usually travel one-way for less than $50. I have even bought a ticket at the airport, on the day of travel, and paid less than $50.
First-class and business class are fun, lavish ways to spend money, but unless there's an ocean between me and my landing spot, I'm unlikely to perceive a significant benefit.
I don't know why everyone complains about Spirit customer service, but my observation of the interactions tells me that the people who complain at the airport ignored all the large size print about fees. Spirit is very upfront about it.
I've had cancellations and postponements, no more than any other carrier. I never had a problem rebooking.
My primary Spirit airports include LAX and LGA, and a sometimes Burbank. RSW, BWI and O'Hare.
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- If I book a flight on Spirit Airlines will I regret it? - CubsWonWorldSeries June 10, 2022, 18:49:29
- Is it better to pay extra to carry on luggage with Spirit or just check it in?* - gullit June 12, 2022, 10:06:01
- No.* - complainant June 12, 2022, 10:47:48
- I had a Delta flight begin the boarding process and one minute later be delayed by 3 hours - illini June 11, 2022, 13:10:42
- Flying spirit Thursday. Please end well* - CubsWonWorldSeries June 11, 2022, 12:30:56
- FWIW, I haven’t had a single SWA flight in 2 years that wasn’t significantly delayed or canceled. * - doubledown June 11, 2022, 12:03:32
- I looked into using them on a flight to Vegas and ruled them out due to things said below. * - harb June 11, 2022, 11:40:18
- I’ve flown them a few times without incident. Not sure they’re any worse than the major carriers* - Herman Blume June 11, 2022, 1:00:12
- only if it goes down - bbonb June 10, 2022, 23:46:34
- Probably * - jdl June 10, 2022, 20:47:13
- If you live through it* - LovetheChief June 10, 2022, 20:44:00
- It depends on your expectations* - Sounder June 10, 2022, 20:38:55
- Spirit flight stories go here - CWR10 June 10, 2022, 20:22:26
- I am a Spirit apologist. Here are my reasons. - complainant June 10, 2022, 20:17:07
- Worst company I have ever dealt with* - BradUnderwoodforprez June 10, 2022, 18:58:20
- 100% chance you survive the flight. 50% chance it actually takes off* - HamptonSki June 10, 2022, 18:56:33
- Maybe* - CWR10 June 10, 2022, 18:54:55
- they randomly cancel flights. i would never test * - Throwsize June 10, 2022, 18:53:55