Thanks. But I donít have an outside AC unit. Archived Message
Posted by EffinIllini on June 11, 2022, 0:39:40, in reply to "PSA: if your outside a/c unit stops running"
Geo, baby. |
belay the urge to go out and replace the capacitor (remembering to discharge the terminals, of course), which, of course, is a different size than the original capacitor.
Go inside where your inside unit is located, find the on/off switch, and make sure the switch is in the ďonĒ position.
The cost of the repair call would have been dwarfed by the embarrassment.
Sitch avoided. Manhood reinstated.
- PSA: if your outside a/c unit stops running - bbonb June 10, 2022, 16:33:05
- Hey Spackler, is $309 the clubhouse leader?* - Chuck Woodaby June 13, 2022, 12:43:06
- Thanks. But I donít have an outside AC unit. - EffinIllini June 11, 2022, 0:39:40
- Oh, look at me everyone; I can afford to air condition the outdoors.... - osklister June 10, 2022, 23:08:53
- lulz* - bbonb June 10, 2022, 23:17:53
- Interesting factoid about A/C capacitors from an electrical expert (me) - Stu June 10, 2022, 18:45:49
- Short for Hermetic Compressor. Duh* - timmer June 11, 2022, 7:14:42
- So what should a fan capacitor cost to replace? - Carl Spackler June 10, 2022, 21:42:18
- Common is C or B ( because of a blue wire?)* - bbonb June 10, 2022, 19:16:14
- Sheboygan* - Phytynlini June 10, 2022, 19:08:05
- my question exactly!* - bbonb June 10, 2022, 19:05:04
- Herman Munster* - ATL June 10, 2022, 18:49:07