It's incredibly hard to control roll, pitch, and yaw on an aircraft not moving forward. Archived Message
Posted by longsnapper on June 12, 2022, 8:12:41, in reply to "It’s been is service for about 30 years"
Plus, with the osprey, with you have two rotars, you have a better chance of creating a situation where the air becomes turbulent and you lose lift. |
the osprey is an engineering marvel, but an unnecessary one.
Isn’t there a better alternative? Or one being developed?
Not to be cute, but sci-fi movies show jets doing it all the time. Have we not solved the physics of that yet? Or is it actually impossible?
- Sad news. One of the USMC pilots killed by another damn Osprey was Steve Sax’s son… - LeatherneckIllini June 11, 2022, 16:53:56
- My nephew rode on one recently. Glad I didn't know about the dangers before then* - Taz June 12, 2022, 9:06:08
- I’m sure the parents of the other four would appreciate more than just 1 paragraph to share…. - timmer June 12, 2022, 8:57:53
- Very sad. Bad case of the yips* - bbonb June 11, 2022, 20:39:22
- They’ve had so many accidents over the years , is it really that valuable of an asset * - TarheelIllini June 11, 2022, 19:37:54
- Any report on what happened? I thought they had been made relatively safe.* - KingTalkyTiki June 11, 2022, 17:17:13
- condolences to illinsax* - suburbanmyth June 11, 2022, 16:57:53