Thanks, good advice. And, for the record, adults only.* Archived Message
Posted by Philo on June 14, 2022, 12:39:58, in reply to "You should probably first see how easy it is to get what you want and "
a distribution pattern for different starting spots.
Then put the highest rewards in the hardest to accurately (or accidentally) hit places.
House should probably keep at least 20% on average or more -- if you want $5 bets to pay. If it's kids doing this though (which I think is a bad idea ethically) -- then the house payout should be probably at most 20%.
In the first scenario -- I think you want to have a spot that will pay back your entire $5.
In the second case -- probably drop the 3x to another 2x.
But I think it's crucial you know how easy it is to get a big payout spot if you're trying -- cause this can lose you money if you get it wrong.
One of the many games that we will have is basically a Plinko game. Drop a chip and there are 8 possible spots for it to land. Two possible scenarios are:
1. Buy 3 Plinko chips for $5. You get the sum of the 3 landing spots. If I do this, what should the 8 spots be? Maybe 0 / 1 / 2 / 0 / 4 / 1 / 0 / 1 or something like that?
2. You pick your wager amount and you get one chip to drop. This option is nice because it can appeal to the high rollers who want to risk $20+ dollars instead of just $5. If I do this, the 8 spots could be labeled as a multiplier of your bet. Like maybe 2x / 0 / 1x / 0 / 3x / 0 / 1x / 0.
I'm open to suggestions. It's for charity so I have no problem blatantly favoring the house.
- I need help determining the payouts for this "casino night" game.... - Philo June 14, 2022, 9:28:38
- One slot should be free ham from the Philo Tavern salad bar* - ISeeDeadHawkeyes June 14, 2022, 13:01:50
- Based on some online simulations, results tend to be a normal binomial distribution - Dilbert June 14, 2022, 13:00:38
- You should probably first see how easy it is to get what you want and - Quiz June 14, 2022, 11:57:33
- Thanks, good advice. And, for the record, adults only.* - Philo June 14, 2022, 12:39:58
- the center should be "one free sin"* - ghost_of_clt June 14, 2022, 10:44:50
- I don’t understand the question, and I won’t respond to it* - Jackie June 14, 2022, 10:40:04
- Dots - Philo June 14, 2022, 9:35:11