I always liked Cousin Balki* Archived Message
Posted by VIV on June 14, 2022, 13:25:45, in reply to "I liked Nine Perfect Strangers, but I am a sucker for Liane Moriarty"
I did that thing where I request a bunch of books from the liberry and they all end up being ready for me at the same time, so I am working through a glut. I had to interrupt A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, which I'm still working on.
Just finished Trust by Hernan Diaz, which is new. It's sort of like four novellas telling the same story in different ways, so the truth only gradually (but never fully) emerges. Great writing, and it went quickly for me (a notoriously slow reader).
Reading Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt right now, which is also new. Bookclubby and easy to read. I'm losing a little patience with the main character, whose self-pity is kinda irritating (your husband who just died lived to be almost 80, lady, what do you want?), but I think things are going to come together.
Got a short story collection called You Have a Friend in 10A on deck.
- Book Talk Tuesday - ghost_of_clt June 14, 2022, 11:15:07
- Reading Last Call at the Imperial Hotel right now - reggiedunlop June 14, 2022, 14:06:17
- still looking for a good vacation read - VIV June 14, 2022, 13:26:22
- I liked Nine Perfect Strangers, but I am a sucker for Liane Moriarty - Jackie June 14, 2022, 12:21:55
- Reading a bio of Dick Allen* - bjl63 June 14, 2022, 11:39:06
- Just started All About Me! by Mel Brooks. - SurfTheBoneyard June 14, 2022, 11:38:15
- In the early stages of Books of Jacob by Olga Tokarchuk - DT June 14, 2022, 11:31:16