In broad strokes…. Archived Message
Posted by opossum jenkins on June 14, 2022, 16:17:07, in reply to "Ranger, Leather, Opposum - - can we get a Ukraine update? Looks like the Russians are making slow, "
I think we’re seeing pretty much exactly what Russian military history fortold. That is, Russia often flails wildly at the outset of a conflict, takes a quick and decisive beating, then adopts a new strategy based a dispassionate, realistic survey of its capabilities with respect to the environment and adversary. |
In this case, it’s ground and pound, inch by inch, using a truly outrageous amount of artillery. In strike zone terms, this is the part of the plate where Moscow slugs like 0.600.
This war will now be won or lost based on endurance.
but steady progress in the East? Are we now to the war of attrition that the Ukranians can't possibly win?
- Ranger, Leather, Opposum - - can we get a Ukraine update? Looks like the Russians are making slow, - LovetheChief June 14, 2022, 7:19:36
- Ranger is on his two week guard duty btw. probably not checking in * - Throwsize June 14, 2022, 16:45:22
- In broad strokes…. - opossum jenkins June 14, 2022, 16:17:07
- This sure slid back in the headlines considering how much it effects us* - Tooldresser June 14, 2022, 15:34:58
- Nothing new from me other than clearly an attrition fight for the time being with... - LeatherneckIllini June 14, 2022, 8:04:24
- Russia owns the east now and have solved a lot of their problems - JacobRDaugherty June 14, 2022, 7:48:23