I did Archived Message
Posted by VIV on September 15, 2022, 15:49:03, in reply to "Do you intentionally try to “climb the ladder” at work?"
The previous director left right before covid. Things slowed down and they put on a hiring freeze. I volunteered to take on the responsibility on an interim basis for 3 months. At the end of the interim period, I requested and received the bump. Hiring freeze came off and I hired the replacement for my previous position. |
I’ve moved up a few rungs but it has always been “that seems like interesting work to do.” I could not care less about a promotion to a different level. If I retire at the current level, that’s cool.
Not criticizing those who do, it’s a valid a choice. I’m just curious about that mindset because it’s foreign to mine.
- Do you intentionally try to “climb the ladder” at work? - PapaDels September 15, 2022, 14:18:14
- To get to this point, absolutely. Took new roles strategically as they came open - opey8 September 15, 2022, 18:48:27
- Yes, of course. But I’m exactly where I want to be. No interest in going further* - opossum jenkins September 15, 2022, 18:30:49
- For sure once upon a time - Sounder September 15, 2022, 15:50:26
- I did - VIV September 15, 2022, 15:49:03
- I did early in my career. Once the kids got into school I decided I liked what I did and... - Illiniphil September 15, 2022, 15:05:38
- I’ve always been at smaller, flatter orgs - snipes824 September 15, 2022, 15:03:53
- it never occurred to me that there was a ladder - Sammich September 15, 2022, 14:51:52
- Nope* - reggiedunlop September 15, 2022, 14:51:36
- I did. - JFG September 15, 2022, 14:50:42
- Kind of randomly fell into things for my first 15 years or so - DT September 15, 2022, 14:44:18
- There isn't much of a ladder. But even if there were, I'd be unlikely to climb it - Jackie September 15, 2022, 14:41:00
- I guess? - ISeeDeadHawkeyes September 15, 2022, 14:31:34
- There is no ladder to climb* - EffinIllini September 15, 2022, 14:26:26
- Nope...perfectly content at middle management. Next level would be ELT... - haighter September 15, 2022, 14:26:00
- That's the primary reason why I'm leaving ATLCo. There are very few positions at - ATL September 15, 2022, 14:24:34
- I definitely did for a while. Less so now - Cunativeson September 15, 2022, 14:22:20