Klipsch 5 speaker surround sound for me* Archived Message
Posted by JeffFrank on September 16, 2022, 10:22:34, in reply to "We switched to a Sonos sound bar and subwoofer "
Itís been a total game changer. What you lose in sound quality you make up for in convenience.
L and R are pretty decent bookshelf speakers, so no need for subwoofer. Thatís what we did in our last house and I liked it.
Havenít listened to a soundbar before, but I canít imagine the give the same sense of spacing / depth of field (width?)
Why not just get a nice sound bar? Do you have a full surround setup?
Looking to buy a new receiver (old one was 20 years old).
New receiver has HDMI inputs. How does that work- I plug the Apple TV HDMI into the receiver? And then an HDMI out from the receiver to the TV? Or do I need some kind of HDMI splitter? Or is HDMI on the receiver irrelevant and I leave the Apple TV alone, but run audio from the TV to the receiver?
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- Really dumb home audio question. Currently running Apple TV to TV by hdmi - meanjeans September 16, 2022, 9:10:37
- audio sidejack: is it just me or is dialogue getting harder and harder to hear? - biclops September 16, 2022, 10:12:34
- Iím probably the only one here who just uses the TV speakers? * - haighter September 16, 2022, 9:50:44
- Weíve been doing that but the sound on GOT house of dragons has been really bad * - meanjeans September 16, 2022, 10:32:35
- I feed all 8 tvs into my receiver* - JeffFrank September 16, 2022, 10:05:57
- I did up until a year ago* - snipes824 September 16, 2022, 10:01:59
- I do. - EffinIllini September 16, 2022, 10:01:42
- I do as well* - opey8 September 16, 2022, 9:59:19
- You own a TV? * - jdl September 16, 2022, 9:56:02
- Yes* - Sounder September 16, 2022, 9:52:47
- I would ask do you really need a receiver? - Sounder September 16, 2022, 9:34:15
- i need one for the phono input* - torinese September 16, 2022, 9:51:12
- Yeah Iím a simple > best guy - snipes824 September 16, 2022, 9:45:47
- Yeah my wife wants a sound bar. I prefer a 3 channel setup. Not full surround, but L center R - meanjeans September 16, 2022, 9:44:51
- what are you, the GM for the Bears?* - Sammich September 16, 2022, 9:38:21
- Yeah, go through the receiver - jdl September 16, 2022, 9:27:53
- Yes, just plug appletv->receiver->tv. Receiver will handle swtiching* - gvibes September 16, 2022, 9:12:55
- yes, you would run the Apple TV into the receiver along with any other devices - IlliniSax05 September 16, 2022, 9:12:47
- Apple TV into receiver, receiver into TV. Any other HDMI sources into receiver as well. - Illiniphil September 16, 2022, 9:12:19