1) there are no wires Archived Message
Posted by Sounder on September 16, 2022, 12:19:31, in reply to "Once you have everything setup, is there still a difference in convenience? *"
2) there is no receiver to need to mess with |
3) and this is the biggest, is you can have speakers in other rooms of your house, and you can run all of the sound at once, or have different things going in different rooms. So when we are cooking, sometimes I'll put cable news or a sporting event on, and have the audio in the kitchen as well. The interface is great.
Itís been a total game changer. What you lose in sound quality you make up for in convenience.
L and R are pretty decent bookshelf speakers, so no need for subwoofer. Thatís what we did in our last house and I liked it.
Havenít listened to a soundbar before, but I canít imagine the give the same sense of spacing / depth of field (width?)
Why not just get a nice sound bar? Do you have a full surround setup?
Looking to buy a new receiver (old one was 20 years old).
New receiver has HDMI inputs. How does that work- I plug the Apple TV HDMI into the receiver? And then an HDMI out from the receiver to the TV? Or do I need some kind of HDMI splitter? Or is HDMI on the receiver irrelevant and I leave the Apple TV alone, but run audio from the TV to the receiver?
Message Thread: | This response ↓
- Really dumb home audio question. Currently running Apple TV to TV by hdmi - meanjeans September 16, 2022, 9:10:37
- audio sidejack: is it just me or is dialogue getting harder and harder to hear? - biclops September 16, 2022, 10:12:34
- Iím probably the only one here who just uses the TV speakers? * - haighter September 16, 2022, 9:50:44
- Weíve been doing that but the sound on GOT house of dragons has been really bad * - meanjeans September 16, 2022, 10:32:35
- I feed all 8 tvs into my receiver* - JeffFrank September 16, 2022, 10:05:57
- I did up until a year ago* - snipes824 September 16, 2022, 10:01:59
- I do. - EffinIllini September 16, 2022, 10:01:42
- I do as well* - opey8 September 16, 2022, 9:59:19
- You own a TV? * - jdl September 16, 2022, 9:56:02
- Yes* - Sounder September 16, 2022, 9:52:47
- I would ask do you really need a receiver? - Sounder September 16, 2022, 9:34:15
- i need one for the phono input* - torinese September 16, 2022, 9:51:12
- Yeah Iím a simple > best guy - snipes824 September 16, 2022, 9:45:47
- Yeah my wife wants a sound bar. I prefer a 3 channel setup. Not full surround, but L center R - meanjeans September 16, 2022, 9:44:51
- what are you, the GM for the Bears?* - Sammich September 16, 2022, 9:38:21
- Yeah, go through the receiver - jdl September 16, 2022, 9:27:53
- Yes, just plug appletv->receiver->tv. Receiver will handle swtiching* - gvibes September 16, 2022, 9:12:55
- yes, you would run the Apple TV into the receiver along with any other devices - IlliniSax05 September 16, 2022, 9:12:47
- Apple TV into receiver, receiver into TV. Any other HDMI sources into receiver as well. - Illiniphil September 16, 2022, 9:12:19