(Bloomberg) -- Nation’s shipments declined from 3.6m bags in October 2018, exporters group CeCafe says in emailed report.
• Arabica-coffee exports fell 12.8% y/y to 2.8m bags
• Robusta shipments declined 25.7% y/y to 274,001 bags
• Brazil’s total coffee exports (green, roasted and soluble) fell 13.1% y/y to 3.4m bags
• “The yearly drop reflects the smaller crop” this season, Nelson Carvalhaes, president at CeCafe says in telephone interview, referring to October figures
o “In the last 12 months, though, the shipments continue to be very strong”
• This year through Oct., nation’s green coffee shipments rose 24.4% to 30.7m bags
« Back to index