With the month of August coming to a close and with the shipment statistics already at hand, the Vietnam General Statistics office have estimated that the coffee exports for the month of August shall be approximately 1,833,333 bags.  This they say, shall result in the countries coffee exports for the first eight months of this year to be 1.3% lower than the same period last year, at a total of 19,333,333 bags.
The General Statistics office of Vietnam have at the same time estimated that the value of the country’s coffee exports for the first eight months of this year, shall be 0.2% lower than the same period last year, at a total of approximately 1.98 billion US Dollars.
Today is a bank holiday in the United Kingdom, which shall see the London market closed for the day.
The November to December contract arbitrage between the London and New York markets broadened on Friday; to register this at 61.54 usc/Lb. This equates to 48.71% price discount for the London Robusta coffee market.
The Certified washed Arabica coffee stocks held against the New York exchange were seen to decrease by 15,243 bags on Friday to register these stocks at 1,272,404 bags, with 94% of these certified stocks being held in Europe at a total of 1,196,633 bags and the remaining 6% being held in the USA at a total of 75,771 bags. There is meanwhile no change to the number of bags pending grading for this exchange; to register these pending grading stocks at 3,915 bags.
LONDON ROBUSTA US$/MT NEW YORK ARABICA USc/Lb.
SEP 1522 + 24 SEP 127.10 + 4.15
NOV 1429 + 24 DEC 126.35 + 4.00
JAN 1436 + 23 MAR 127.35 + 3.65
MAR 1448 + 22 MAY 128.45 + 3.65
MAY 1462 + 22 JUL 129.40 + 3.65
JUL 1475 + 22 SEP 130.00 + 3.60
SEP 1487 + 22 DEC 130.95 + 3.65
NOV 1501 + 23 MAR 131.95 + 3.65
« Back to index