I have to take strong exception with your comments! A tremendous amount of valuable information was posted on the forum in the last 2 months so I have a really hard time processing your comment. Yes some strong personal opinions were expressed but this is present in every open forum and usually much more so. Letís review what the Forum did inform about:
1) FIRST to talk about the severe accumulated drought situation that was to become an ongoing concern. The fact that the market did not respond in an expected manner takes nothing away from the information that was early and correct.
2) It was continuously pointed out that the forecasted rains were not verifying.
3) again the high temperatures and the lack of follow up rains it was pointed out was a concern for flowering.
4) Strong premiums for Central American and Colombian coffee were pointed out
5) Nagual indicated that Colombian production numbers werenít measuring up with expectations.
6) impacts of lockdowns on European Coffee consumption were discussed
7) North American consumption trends were discussed.
8) unexpected deliveries of semi washed Brazilian coffee to ICE were discussed.
9) the forum was alerted to heavy rains in Centam and Vietnam
10) skeleton pruning was explained
11) Comments from other sources commenting on the coffee situation were posted.
12) Estimates for the Arabica 20/21 crop were indicated higher.
13) the expected world deficit was explored.
I have many sources for coffee and I follow the market quite closely and I fail to see any major shortcomings with the forum. Of course if participants are not well informed a discussion can prove pointless. In addition coffee statistics are difficult and many participants have not done the work to inform themselves properly again making it difficult to have a proper discussion. Regarding technical everyone has their own approach as Iím sure you have your own and they generally all align.I am assuming that you are involved in the coffee trade yet I see that you have failed to make any notable contributions, why not?
I think you should be specific with your criticisms. I hope your issues are not being influenced by a personal market bias!
With all due respect.
« Back to index