Coffee Traders' Forum Rules of Conduct:
24 December, 2020
The CTF consists of people with varying degrees of experience and from many different parts of the world. The purpose of the CTF is to provide a medium for constructive exchange of ideas, dissemination of news and the sharing of charts all for the purpose of guidance in trading. Any person who provides a post on the Forum is open and subject to responses either critical or complimentary. No post is immuned from comments, responses or criticism. Furthermore, it is mandatory that any post and subsequent responses be worded in a courteous, objective and professional manner.
The following rules were presented to the forum five years ago as a result of posts that were offensive to other forum members. Since then, these rules have been updated:
1. All posts will be written in the utmost professional and respectful manner.
2. The inclusion of a word whose letters consist of symbols to substitute the components of a profane word will be deemed unacceptable by the administrator.
3. If a person provides a post that is not acceptable, there will be no retaliation whatsoever that is equally maligned and deemed unacceptable by the administrator. Only respectful, professional and courteous posts and responses will be allowed.
4. For the first offense the post(s) will be deleted by the administrator. If the party, or parties, post additional inappropriate comments, either immediately or in the future, that individual will be expelled or suspended from the CTF at once at the discretion of the Administrator.
5. Political discussions are not allowed. The actions of a national entity that affect the coffee market directly or indirectly are permissible but the assigningment of a motive to those actions is not welcome. For example, we can say that the Fed has lowered interest rates but we canít say that the lowering of rates was politically motivated and unnecessary. The forum is not open to political debate.
Control of any offense will be strictly enforced. There is no appeal system.
« Back to index