(Bloomberg) -- That compares with 77% a year ago and five-year average of 74%, consulting firm Safras & Mercado says in emailed report.
• Sales have been advancing at a slow pace in the last weeks as growers are reluctant to sell, waiting for higher prices, Safras’s analyst Gil Barabach said in the report
• Farmers sold about 54.5m bags of coffee, considering an estimated output of 69.5m bags
• Arabica-coffee sales reached 77% versus 76% a year ago and five-year avg of 73%
• Robusta coffee is 83% sold, versus 79% both a year earlier and in a five-year avg
• NOTE: A bag weighs 60kg, or 132lbs
« Back to index