Re: Maybe we should go around the room and Re-introduce ourselfs???
User logged in as jan229
Hi all! I'm Jan (or Janet, but pretty sure I just went by Jan here per my handle). I was 17 when I first showed up here, so late 30s now. I think I was active for a couple years, but introvert me probably lurked more than chatted. I did hang in the chat room some too. Back then I lived in Nova Scotia, Canada, now I'm in Ontario.
I've still been cheering for Harv all these years, and grateful we have one more year to do so.
I have been to two races in my life - July 1999 New Hampshire, and the Nov 2015 Phoenix race, where it RAINED!!! What are the chances...so didn't quite get to see Harv win that one due to the race-ending rain caution and the pit cycling that put Dale Jr. in the lead (but that was ok for my dad - a Junior fan).
Im sure Im not the only one that see’s some names and knows right off the bat who they are and others no clue…heck Im not even sure what my name was…. LOL
Im Marie, I don’t know If I was originally Marie or Tiregirl….or later maybe changed to ObnoxiousTonyFan. Who can remember that long ago. LOL. I was a fan of Kevins before the #29 days. There was a only a handful of people here when I arrived. Of course Cindy, MomH, JJ, Spooky, Egal, Mama Barb (Who I was just talking about. That was her name right? I think she lived in the finger lakes) Who was the one with the feathers??? MP,Jericho, Cathy…who am I missing???? Most of you probably remember me for the backsides…. 😆
After 20 years it seems like nothing has changed with me but yet everything has. I haven’t been to a race in like 18 yrs. It Doesn’t seem like its been that long though. I still have the races on when they are on channels I get but I wont pay the extra just to get them. Nor Do i just sit and watch all day and night anymore. NASCAR has changed so much and I really dont like the direction it turned. I still watch and hope for Happy to finish well so you all are happy. Im grateful for the years I had enjoying what it was and for meeting all of you.
Even though I am not a huge fan anymore I look back on those days with awesome memories. (“Kevin, can you get the team to stand up and turn around for a group buttshot?”) And even better friendships. We all went to so many races together and built life long friendships. One highlight over the last couple of years is I FINALLY got to meet the incredible “HarvickRocksCali”. Im sure those of you that have met her in real life can vouch that she is one crazy chick!!! If you get the chance to go to Vegas and want to experience it the “crazy way” go with her!!! Just dont expect it to “Stay in Vegas”LOL. One of the many strong friendships I’ve made here. And hey….she got me to stay up past 10pm and I got her to go to a couple of country concerts with me!!!!
I guess the only other thing I can think of right now is How did we do this message board before autocorrect????? Seriously??? LOL
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Maybe we should go around the room and Re-introduce ourselfs??? - Tiregirl February 4, 2023, 7:55 pm
- Re: Maybe we should go around the room and Re-introduce ourselfs??? - StuEmc2 February 7, 2023, 3:25 pm
- Re: Maybe we should go around the room and Re-introduce ourselfs??? - jan229 February 5, 2023, 12:33 pm
- Re: Maybe we should go around the room and Re-introduce ourselfs??? - PayDay4Kev29 February 5, 2023, 1:37 am
- 4EVER - Sue February 5, 2023, 11:44 pm
- Re: Maybe we should go around the room and Re-introduce ourselfs??? - Sue February 4, 2023, 9:48 pm
- Re: Maybe we should go around the room and Re-introduce ourselfs??? - Brenda February 4, 2023, 9:46 pm
- Re: Maybe we should go around the room and Re-introduce ourselfs??? - Spooky February 4, 2023, 9:02 pm
- Re: Maybe we should go around the room and Re-introduce ourselfs??? - JJ February 4, 2023, 8:29 pm
« Back to index