History of Famous Jewels and Collections
[ Post a Response | History of Famous Jewels and Collections ]
Posters of original research, analyses, insights etc retain all rights to their work.
Such research etc cannot be used in any format without the written consent of the author.
QEQM. Brooch to identify No 2
Posted by Beth
on August 2, 2018, 1:56 pm
I am intrigued by what brooch Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother has pinned over her pearls in the photos below. The date is January 1936, an era when HM was wearing at least two brooch items pinned over her pearls. One was a set of two emerald brooches; the other has thought to have been a small ruby and diamond brooch which is now worn by the Duchess of Cornwall.
My query has arisen because I think that QEQM was wearing her Cartier leaf brooch on her hat. It is predominately cabochon sapphires, although it has small emeralds and amethysts and a small ruby.
Cartier leaf brooch
If QEQM was wearing her small ruby brooch over her pearls, she was definitely mixing colours in her jewels.
The ruby brooch I am referring to --
But I don't think QEQM is wearing the small ruby brooch on the occasion photographed below -- so what was this jewel?
Could it be the same brooch as the one worn in the 1936 photos?
- Re: QEQM. Brooch to identify No 2 - Franck August 3, 2018, 5:52 am
- Re: QEQM. Brooch to identify No 2 - Beth August 3, 2018, 7:47 am
- O/T - JohnAF August 3, 2018, 8:20 am
- Re: O/T - Beth August 3, 2018, 8:38 am
- Re: O/T - JohnAF August 3, 2018, 8:44 am
- Re: O/T - Beth August 3, 2018, 8:52 am
- Re: QEQM. Brooch to identify No 2 - Franck August 4, 2018, 1:05 am