At present everyone is an expert!!
There is a new book out entitled Maggie Greville by P Burbidge
I have had to order a copy from Europe & am still waiting for it to arrive, so I do not know what the author has to say.
I do know from posts done by others that there were a lot of errors in the earlier book.
What I do know.
1. Vincent Meylan discovered a lot about the jewellery made by Boucheron.
2. I posted about the wedding gifts she received.
3. I posted about her father giving her rubies.
4. I posted about her mothers jewels.
5. I have read her mother's will, Maggie Greville's will & her father's will.
6. All are very enlightening.
Some important points
Despite what some say, she had relatives & she left them a share of her estate
SHE HAD BEEN LEGALLY ADOPTED BY HER PARENTS
Some of the press commented that she was W McEwan's daughter. It seems to have been an open secret.
Her mother left Maggie Greville only a life interest in her jewellery. Then it was to go to a charity, which she named. Maggie Greville purchased the jewels outright from the charity
Unlike the pundits, I have never had access to Maggie Greville's Jewel Inventory & Valuation done for taxation purposes. Nor do I expect that I ever will. The government copy of that was destroyed years ago -- it is routine policy.
« Back to index | View thread »